Hidding Game- Chapter - 37

Malhotra mansion :
Manik reached home..but still sitting on his car..in the basement.. Thinking hard..how to confront nyonika..what she will ask?..and how he will react?..from last night his phone is switched off?..then..what he is going to say?...
But he grab all his courage..exhale a warm breath..and step out of car..he then came on the door..and found ..Nyonika..was already present in living area..walking to and fro..continuously trying some number..the worry and frustration clearly visible on her face..
When she turned in her right side..she found Manik standing on the door..she immediately ran towards him..Meanwhile..manik was in dilemma..as how is going to tell Nyonika..that RAJ MALHOTRA..his father..her husband..is DEAD...
Nyo : "manik..where were you?..puri raat tumhara phone band tha..koi idea bhi hai..how much worried I was..aur tum shaadi chorke kyu gae ..bat kya hai manik?..kuch toh bolo?"... She start freaking out..and bombarded with the questions as soon as she reached to him...
Manik who was already out of words..was not able to figure out..what to answer..he instantly hugged HIS MOM..tightly.. As tight as he can..he was weeping ..crying in her arms...
She hugged her more tightly..and caressed his back..in order to calm down him..
Nyo: " manik.. Please say something.. You are scaring me..beta...please kuch bolo..kya baat hai.."..she said in a worried tone..whereas he hugged her more tightly..
Manik : "mom!..".. He said in a low voice..still in her embrace..
Nyo : " Han beta..bolo na.."..she assured him..that she is listening..
Manik : "dad is no more..he was murdered.."..he managed to utter the biggest truth of their life..
Nyo : broke the hug as soon as she heard him and looked at him in disbelief.. " tum jhooth bol rahe ho.."..she said with a weak smile ..her face was fell down..she was trying to make Herself register that ..he is lying..
Manik nodded his head in no...sign of that...his words were true..
Nyo : "nahi yeh sach nhi hai..RAJ..RAJ zinda hai..manik..manik..wo..wo..he is alive..he left us..but but he is alive manik..Han..Han..he is alive..RAJ IS ALIVE..".. she said in a tone of assuring herself that her husband is alive..but manik couldn't bear her mother in that state..he hugged her..and she was in his arms like a soulless body...
She was continuously enchanting..only one line.." RAJ IS ALIVE"...even after 15 minute long hug..she was still in that vulnerable condition...not ready to believe on it...
Manik then broke the hug..cupped her face ..and said..
Manik : "mom yeh sach hai..dad..he is no more...".. He said in a low voice..
Nyo : " nahi..he..he..is alive.."..she said looking downwards...
Manik : "mom plz..believe it.."..he pleaded to her..buy she wasn't ready to accept it..
Manik : " MOM!.."..he shouted on top of his voice...she looked at him.."DAD IS NO MORE.. UNHE MAR DIYA GAYA THA..."..he shouted to make her understand..make her believe..she looked In his eyes..helplessly..and hugged him..she was sobbing badly..he wasn't able to console her..he was also badly in tears...
Nyo : "RAAAJJJ..".. she shouted while crying badly...on his arms..he hugged her even more tight..to ease her pain a little..
Manik : " mom..mai hoon na..apka beta..apka manik..I will not leave that jerk..jisne dad ko humse cheena hai..mai use barbaad kar dunga.."..he said with determination.. And anger on his face..while she was crying in her son's protective embrace...
After sometime.. Manik and Nyonika were sitting in the living area..manik's head is in her lap..she was looking calm and composed..stroking his hairs..while his eyes were closed..and he was sitting on the floor..
Nyonika : "but who killed Raj?.."...she asked breaking the long silence of half n hour..
Manik opened his eyes..instantly.. And raised his head a little..to look at her ...
Manik : " RAGHAV.."..he told and this was another shock for her..
Nyonika : "Raghav?..par kyu?"..she asked with a shocked face..
Manik : " pata nhi mom..but I won't leave him.."..he said with anger filled eyes..
Nyonika : "manik.. But tumne..Nandini se kal shaadi kyu todi?.."... This question was the most expected one for him..
He stood up..and turned around..he start walking..facing his back to her..as his eyes..can betray him..but he knows..he have to lie to her..to save her..to protect her..she also stood up..he after covering some distance.. Stop..and said..
Manik : " mom..Nandini is raghav's neice..raghav Nandini ka mama hai.."..he said without looking back..this was fell like a thunderstorm on her..
Nyonika : "What?".. She shouted in high pitch voice..in disbelief..
Manik : " it's true mom.."..he assured her..
Nyonika : "but Mani...".. His next statement made her words die in the throat itself..
Manik : " she lied to me..dhoka diya usne mujhe..aur mai use kabhi maaf nhi karunga..she is raghav's niece.. Mere dad ka khoon kiya hai us raghav..he killed my dad..and mai Nandini KO is sach chupane ke liye kabhi maaf nhi karunga..Kabhi bhi nhi..."..he announced..keeping a heavy stone on his heart..only his heart knows..how badly it was aching while he was saying all those harsh words...
Nyonika : "manik!".. She shouted in anger..and came towards him..she made him look at her..he looked at her.. Pretending an angry face..
Nyonika : " tum raghav ke kiye ki saza Nandini KO kese de sakte ho..kese..manik ?"..she shouted...looking at him furiously..
He was already feeling guilty to hide all the fact from her..and now..he was feeling more bad..but he have to bear..
Manik : "because she deserve it mom...she deserve all the pain..and...".. Before he could say anything..a tight slap on his face..made him shock..
The slap was from CHACHI...who just came inside the mansion..and after listening all the words from manik..her anger crossed all the level..and she slapped him hard on his face...
Nandini also was present there..she was equally stunned with the sudden act of chachi...
Manik looked at chachi..in disbelief..firstly..how come she suddenly appeared ..and then..this slap..was totally out of box...
Chachi : " tum deserve nhi karte meri Nandini KO.."..she shouted giving a deadly glare to him..Nandini came towards chachi..
Nandini : "chachi ap meri baat...".. She abruptly stopped as manik showed him eyes..signal of not to utter anything..this was not seen by snu one...
Chachi : " tu chup reh..mujhe yakeen he nhi hota..ki yeah wahi manik hai..Jo 2 saal tak..tere liye tadpta raha.."she said holding tears of pain and grief in her heart...
Even..manik..Nandini..Nyonika can feel the pain..but the people who were beyond hurt were..MaNan..both were looking downwards..
They knew ..things will not be easy..as hiding is a difficult task..but they never imagined ..that things can turn to be so messy..that they won't be able to clear it..
Chachi : "yeh MERA MANIK ho he nhi sakta..".. She now shouted looking at him..who was looking downwards..even Nyonika was quiet..as she knows..manik is wrong..but little they both know..he is lying all this while...
He closed his eyes..when he heard that sentence from chachi..all the good times..he spent with chachi..came in front of his eyes..how she always calls him " soona munda"..how she always make experimental dishes for him..and he eat..only for her..how when he fell ill in Mangalore..and she prayed for him..also brought prashad for him..a lone tear escaped from his eyes..when..he recalled how in those 2 years..she supported him..how he after laying his head in her lap..felt peace...
The pain of his heart..was not in his face..but HIS SOUL ..who lives in HIS SOUL..can feel it..she was in deep pain..she wanted to hug him..right away..but she just can't ..she can only be a silent spectator of all this drama...
Chachi : "Manik malhotra..meri Nandini mujh par bojh nhi hai..".. She said in a stern voice..looking at him..he looked at her..consoling himself.. Faking a I-DON'T-CARE attitude...on his face..
Nyonika : " please meri baat suniye..."..she tried to explain chachi..but she showed her hand..sign of DON'T..
Chachi : "jab Nandini ghar aayi..mujhe laga..mai tumhe samjhaungi...".. Now she start telling ..what happened a hour back at nandini's house...
(Flashback)
Murthy's Villa :
Nandini reached her home..after struggling between her thoughts..for a long 5 minutes..she rang the bell..and within a second..Chachi opened the door..
Chachi : "nandu..kaha chali gayi thi tu?.."..she instantly hugged her and said in a worried tone..
Nandini : "chachi..andar chale.."..she tried to act normal..but from inside she was scared..scared as how will she hide the truth of their marriage..
Chachi : "han..beta..chal.."..she broke the hug..and took her inside..
Chachi gave a glass of water to nandini..and pat her head..and now she noticed that ..nandini wasn't in her bridal dress..she was in simple..white jeans..and baby pink top..
Chachi : "nandu ..tere kapde?.."...she asked with a confused look..and now..nandini was scared but she has to lie..
Nandini : "main..kal orphanage chali gayi thi.."..she lied without looking at chachi..
(orphanage..belongs to nandini's parents..they had built it..in Mumbai..and whenever nandini missed them..she used to go there..)
Chachi : "beta..par kal achanak..hua kya?..Manik is tarah kyu chala gaya tha?.."..she asked the most toughest question to answer...
Nandini stood up ..and said..
Nandini : "MANIK MUJHSE NAFRAT KARNE LAGA HAI.."..she told ..closing her eyes..tightening her fist..
Chachi : "yeh tu kya keh rahi hai..yeh ho nahi sakta.."..she said coming towards her..
Nandini : "yeh sach hai chachi..manik ko pata chal gaya hai ki mai raghav ki neice hoon.."..she said still facing her back to chachi..
Chachi : "han toh.."..she said in confusion..
Nandini : "Raghav has killed manik's dad..khhoni hai woh! "..she shouted last line in high pitch voice..
Chachi was totally dumbfounded..she had no idea about this..
Nandini : "manik..kabhi mujhe maaf nahi karega.."..she said..there were tears in her eyes..but for manik's dad demise..and also for lying to chachi..
Chachi : "nahi..mai..use samjhaungi..tu chal mere sath.."..she held nandini's hand and took her with her...nandini was trying to stop her but all in vain..
But when they reached..Malhotra mansion..Manik's words..made chachi hell angry..so she slapped him..
(Flashback end)
Chachi : "meri nandini ..mera guroor hai manik malhotra..she is my proud..and aaj MAI KEHTI HOON..TUM MERI NANDINI KE LAYAK NAHI HO.."..she announced in a high tone..Manik showed no concern towards them..but deep down ..he was hurt with those words..
Chachi took nandini with her..Nyonika tried to stop chachi..
Nyonika : "manik kuch bolo.."..she said to manik..but he didn't reacted..Nandini's hand touched with manik's ..both felt a current in their warm body..
Chachi took nandini with her..out of mansion..
Nyonika : "tumne bahut badhi galti ki hai manik..mai tumhe maaf nahi karungi.."...she said in anger and left to her room..leaving manik behind in living area..all alone..
After some time..Manik was in his room..just when he received a call from nandini..after conforming that call is not tracing..he picked the call..
Nandini : "manik,..am..am ..really sorry..chachi..chachi ko hath nahi uthana chahiye tha..tumpe..tum,..tum theek ho na...manik mai..."...her constant blabbering cut by manik..
Manik : "are baba..saans le lo..relax! mai bilkul theek hoon.."..he made her calm down..she then sat down on her bed..placing pillow in her lap..
Nandini : "manik..chachi ne thappad..."..he again cut her in mid..
Manik : "HAK SE MARA..unhe pura right hai mujh par..aur usi hak sei unhone mujhe thappad mara.."..he said in a calm tone...she was stunned with his level of understanding..
Nandini : she smiled "Mera manik..kitna samjhdaar ho gaya hai.."..she said with a smile...
Manik : "woh to hai..haha.."..he laughed a little..on which she also chuckled..
Nandini : "i love you manik.."..she said in a sugary voice..
Manik : "and i love my princess more.."..he announced with a broad smile..she smiled...
Manik : "trust me..sab theek ho jaega.."..he said in convincing tone...
Nandini : "i trust you..i know..tum kuch galat nahi hone doge.."..she also said in a assuring tone..on which he smile...
After some good talk..both slept..with their phones on their ears..and hugging their respective pillows..side wise..assuming each other...