Emily

Ronin grumbled as he walked back to his shop. It was raining again.

"You would think being surrounded by water was enough," he growled. "Now it's coming down on our heads."

He pulled out his keys and went to unlock the door. He knocked a small barrel over in the process and it rolled down the alley. He would've ignored it but he heard an 'OW!'

"Who is there?" Ronin called loudly. There was no answer. He cautiously moved down the boardwalk towards the sound. Her heard something scurry away. "Who is there?"

"Go away!" A small meek sounding voice said. "Don't hurt me! I didn't mean any harm!"

"I'm not going to hurt you," Ronin said raising an eyebrow. "I just want to know what your doing so close to my shop."

"I'm just trying to keep dry," the voice answered. It was definitely female.

"Don't you have somewhere to go?" Ronin asked gruffly.

He saw a small foot place itself in the the lamp light. Then a leg and finally a person emerged. She had beach blond hair and bright emerald green eyes. She had a pair of tattered jeans on with a short sleeved shirt and a hardly suitable sweater on. She didn't look to be more than seventeen or eighteen. Ronin looked at her in surprise. What was a pretty girl like this doing in an alleyway?

"No," she said rubbing her arm. "My mom passed away about a month ago. I couldn't pay the rent and I was evicted."

"It's dangerous for a young girl like you to be wandering around at night!" Ronin said incredulously. "Any scumbag could come along and-"

She began to look frightened. He stopped himself.

"Come inside," he motioned towards the door.

"What?" She asked warily.

"You have nothing to worry about from me," Ronin assured. "I need a worker. You can stay in my back room. I'll feed you and clothe you until you have enough money to get your home back."

"Why?" She asked suddenly.

"I really don't know," he shrugged. "I think I've been spending too much time with the ninja."

"What's your name?"

"Ronin," he said extending a hand.

"Emily," she said sheepishly and shook his hand.

He opened the door and motioned her inside. She carefully entered and looked around. It was a rather...unique...shop to say the least.

"You're shivering," Ronin said. He picked up a nearby blanket and wrapped it around her. She immediately felt warm.

"How-?"

"It's made from the wool of a rare sheep that lives high in the mountains. It gets so cold that the sheep need extremely warm wool! It's very intriguing! If you make something out of this wool it's almost as of it's imbued with magical properties but it's not," he began to ramble. "Sorry, you probably don't care about that."

"You think I'm too pretty to be smart," she said. Ronin looked at her in surprise. "Don't worry. I don't take offense at that."

"How did-?"

"So what do you want me to do?" She asked avoiding the question.

"First I want you to eat and get a good nights sleep. Then we will talk," Ronin said.

"Why are you so surprised at yourself?" She asked suddenly. "It seems you have changed a lot on recent months. But you are so surprised at yourself for being so kind to a complete stranger."

"Excuse my language but, how the hell do you know that?!"

"I'm sorry," she said. "It's rude I know but I can't help it."

"You're a telepath?" He asked.

"Yes, that's why no one would hire me," she said. "They called me a freak. I'll understand if you don't want me here."

"No," Ronin laughed. "I've met the ninja with elemental powers, I was cursed, and sent to the cursed realm. I think I can handle someone being telepathic."

"Okay, I didn't see that inside your head," she smiled.

"I'm surprised you can see anything inside my head," he said making fun of himself. She giggled.

"I think I'm going to enjoy working here," Emily smiled at him.

"I hope you will."

A/n- I never covered Ronin and Emily's romance really. I'll probably do several bonus scenes on them. Hope you enjoyed! Did this make you miss Emily? It made me miss her! :'( -LL_17