Beautiful Inside and Out

~set a few weeks after Tyson's birth~

*beep beep beep beep bee-*

Amaya groped for her alarm clock. She knocked over her water glass and smack her phone of the nightstand before she finally reached the snooze button.

She opened her eyes and blinked a couple of times. She sat up and yawned. She winced as she tried to stand. Her foot was asleep.

It felt kind of weird having had a baby, but it not being your own. And they had been totally off about Tyson's gender. He was supposed to be a she. Amaya smirked. Even Zane was wrong sometimes.

Amaya went to get dress, but she frowned at herself in the mirror. She almost looked like she was still pregnant. The other women told her that was normal. She would loose the post-partum stomach eventually, but she still fell extremely self conscious.

She pulled on her shirt just as a knocking sounded at the door.

"Just a minute," she called. She grabbed her jeans and pulled them on. Then she went to the door.

"Hi," Cole waved cheerily.

"Good morning," Amaya smiled. "Why aren't you training?"

"It's Sunday," Cole said. "We don't train on Sunday."

"Oh ya! I forgot," Amaya grinned sheepishly.

"What's wrong?" Cole asked with concern.

"Did I indicate in the slightest that something was wrong?" Amaya asked.

She grabbed her sweater and walked past him. He scratched his head and followed her down the hall.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To the gym," she answered as she grabbed her keys off the table by the front door.

"Why?" Cole asked skeptically.

"What do you usually do at a gym?" Amaya asked, hiding a smile.

"Well, I haven't been to the gym since I became a ninja because I work out here," Cole shrugged. "What I mainly did at the gym was flirt with-"

Amaya gave him a sharp look and he chuckled nervously.

"I-uh-mean that I loved the gym so much that I-uh-" Cole stammered, trying to back his way out of his blunder. "Uh-I don't have a way to back out of this."

Amaya started laughing and Cole relaxed.

"I'll be back soon," Amaya said, pecking him on the cheek.

**********************************

Amaya slammed the front door and threw her keys on the table. Jay jumped at the loud noise.

"Ouch!" He yelped. "You made me shock myself!"

"I can't help it that you control lighting!" Amaya snapped.

"No, the outlet I'm fixing shocked me," Jay said shaking his hand vigorously in an effort to make the tingling go away.

"Well, sorry," Amaya said without conviction. She walked past Jay and went upstairs to her room. The bedroom door slammed behind her.

"What's all that noise?" Kai asked, poking his head into the hallway.

"Amaya is mad about something," Jay grumbled.

"Cole!" Kai yelled. "Cole! Get in here!"

"I'm coming. I'm coming. Yeesh!" Cole said walking into the hallway from the training room. "Where is the fire?"

"Upstairs," Kai said. "Amaya seems really upset about something."

"Huh?" Cole asked worriedly. "She was fine when she left about two hours ago."

"She is a woman, Cole," Jay said. "They can be fine one minute and be angry the next. That's what women do."

"Shhhhh," Kai shushed. "You don't want any of the women to hear you."

"Good point," Jay whispered in response.

"I'm gonna go see what's wrong," Cole said.

"Here take this," Kai said, handing him something.

"Why are you giving me a freaking shield?" Cole asked incredulously. "And why do you even have a shield?"

"It's for your protection," Kai said. "Go, my young padawan."

Cole rolled his eyes and walked upstairs. He left the shield leaning against the wall outside of Amaya's bedroom door and knocked.

"Amaya?" Cole asked. "Are you okay?"

"Go away," he heard her say.

"No," he said. Then he tried to open the door. It was locked. He crossed his arms.

"What do you mean 'no'?" Amaya asked incredulously.

"No means no," Cole shot back. "Now open this door."

"I'm coming. Sheesh," she said.

Cole heard the door unlatch and Amaya opened it just a crack. She stuck her face out slightly. Cole couldn't help but laugh at her grumpiness. She frowned at him.

"I'm sorry," he laughed. "But the face your making is adorable."

"No it's not," Amaya said in exasperation.

Cole pushed the door open farther and Amaya threw up her hands in surrender. She walked away from the door and sat down on her bed.

"What's wrong?" Cole asked.

"I'm frustrated," Amaya sighed.

"I gathered that much," Cole said rolling his eyes. "Frustrated about what?"

"About this!" Amaya said gesturing to herself.

"You just gestured to all of you," Cole pointed out in confusion.

"I'm having trouble getting rid of this baby fat," she said grumpily.

"You just had a baby, Amaya," Cole said. "It's gonna take a little while."

"But I feel so ugly," Amaya said, bursting into tears. Cole looked at her in shock. How on earth could she think she is ugly.

"Amaya," he said softly. "You're beautiful."

"Ya right," she sobbed.

Cole frowned. He hadn't realized she was feeling this way and he honestly didn't understand why.

"Amaya," Cole frowned. "Don't cry! I'm serious!"

"But-" she said wiping the tears away from her face with her sleeve.

"Do you remember when you asked my why I hadn't settled down as a ghost?" Cole asked.

"Yes," she said with a little confusion in her voice.

"I was self conscious and you told me that I had no reason to be because who I was as a person mattered more then how I looked," Cole explained. "Not to mention I had the hots for you and hadn't really found a girl I liked since."

Amaya giggled. She wiped away the last of her tears with her sleeve.

"Now no more tears," Cole said. "You're beautiful and I love you."

"Oh, Cole," she said springing into his arms. "I love you too."

So romantic xD Hope you enjoyed! LL_19