Xavier asks Kai Permission

A/n- this chapter was written by Alligat0rs. I absolutely love it!!!! I was fangirling over my own characters while reading it! xD Alligat0rs you can write a bonus chapter any time!! :) enjoy guys! -LL_17

~When Xavier asks for Kai's daughters hand in marriage~

Xavier POV.

"Come in!"

I slowly entered the room, the door creaking open. Kai sat on a rickety chair with a firm expression on his face, like he knew what was coming.

And that scared me even more.

I knew that Katrina would be waiting for an answer, and I hoped it would be a positive one. But the look on Kai's face, I might have to crawl back to her with a black eye and a few broken bones, with the answer 'No.'

And I didn't want to do that. She would be heartbroken, and I would be heartbroken. And things would get worse.

I ran a hand through my hair. I needed to get this right. And I only had one chance, just like most things in life.

"Hey, K-Kai."

Okay, grow up me! I never stuttered before, so why start now!?

He humphed and looked me over. I felt like I was being torn down with his eyes instead of with words. His nostrils flared as his eyes scanned what he saw. It wasn't anything new. Just my ninja GI.

And I'm sure he saw that to many times to count. Maybe my hair was messy! I tried to fix it unnoticeably.

I took a deep breath and met his flaming amber eyes as Kai spoke. "I know what you want." Icicles hung off his voice.

Gulp. Don't look away. Keep looking at his eyes.

I smiled nervously and scuffed the floor with my shoes. He spoke again. "Tell your dad to give it back, though."

He handed me his sword.

And I was like, "what?"

After all, I wanted Katrina, not his sword. And my dad wanted me to ask, not the sword. Kai seemed hesitant to give it, and seemed to have a hard time setting it in my hands.

But I took it, nodding. I heard stories that Kai was obsessed with his sword, but here's the real proof.

And it's true. I always thought dad was lying during those bedtime stories!

"Does this mean I have your permission?" I asked hopefully. He growled.

"Yes. Make sure you bring it back in one piece."

Okay. He obviously thought that I wanted the sword to give to my dad. I'm not going to give Katrina back in one piece. I mean, she will be in one piece, she just won't be back. I mean, she will always be here, but she won't be his, she'll be mine. But she's still herself, I won't claim her, she's just my wife. You know what?

Forget it.

"No sir," I answered truthfully, his eyes widening since I denied the sword that was in my hands. "I want to make Katrina my wife."

There was silence. Dead silence. A fly dropped out of the air and a plant wilted in front of our very eyes because of the massive heat wave that reflected off the walls from Kai.

I gulped. Someone was angry. Last time this heat wave happened, dad had to talk to Kai personally and for like three hours. They are super close, so sometimes we only send in Dad to calm Kai down.

I'm happy I'm not Dad.

Now I am pretty tall, but somehow Kai still towered over. "You want what?" he asked, pausing with each word.

This was bad.

"To make Katrina my wife," I peeped.

He squinted his eyes at me as if deep in thought. Then, he through a punch at my face, which I dodged and twirled around. He did a high kick and threw two more punches.

He's gone mad.

I knew I should have just married her. Or maybe do what my dad did to mom. Then we would have to be married. I simply blocked what was coming at me, but didn't attack him in any way.

Kai froze and slumped into his chair. "Very well," he puffed slowly. "But if you hurt her, your dead."

I nodded fiercely, still a little confused. "You won't have to kill me, sir. I'll kill myself."

"No!" Kai growled. "I kill you!"

"Okay!" No point in arguing. It's not like I would want to hurt Katrina. It's not like I would hurt her.

Kai sighed. "You have my permission. You managed to defend my attack, which means your strong enough. You're brave enough because you came in here in the first place, and you're kind enough because you didn't attack me back. Also, you're serious about the killing thing, which works fine for me, because if you mess up I'm allowed to take revenge."

Then, he smiled at me.

I slowly left the room, saying "thank you." I held Kai's sword carefully, scared to even leave a fingerprint.

As I left, I heard Kai muttering. "Ah, another marriage. Poor Zane."

I laughed and shook my head, turning the corner of the hallway. I bumped into Katrina, who turned with hope in her eyes.

Time to tell her the news.

THE FUTURE MARRIED NINJA O-U-T