Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Brooklyn bursted out in tears as she started to talk about Leslie, her only daughter. "There was this day that Leslie had acted strange but I wasn't able to understand why. I had the thought that it would be the same thing that teenagers go through you know things like wanting to be alone and not socialising with people." She sighed heavily. "But later did I find out that it was more than teenage tantrum I had wished it was."

"I later found out that Mr McCartney had molestered my poor daughter at the age of 17." I was shocked literally I froze into the same position as I was. Tears came down running I couldn't control myself. "Nana no I mean Brooklyn DO NOT LIE TO ME! NOT TO MY FACE! OKAY!!!" I lost control over myself. I brought myself into a calm tone and asked," Its not true is it. Tell me it isn't!"

"Her body was found in restroom inside her school. She had hanged herself with a thick rope wrapped around her neck. She had all this bruises all over her arms." Brooklyn continued. I couldn't listen to her anymore this is more than I can bare to listen. So I stood up and walked staight without thinking were I am going but surely I wasn't going to go to Brooklyn's that's for sure.

It was past 11, it was so dark that I have lost track to where I am heading to. But I was so flustered about what Brooklyn told me that I hadn't noticed that I had went far but still I didn't care. Suddenly a light went on behind me I turn around to see what it was but the light was too bright that everything was vague. "Beep beeeeep" The loud horn of the car flustered me and I quickly turned around to see who the heck it was. "Amy you okay boy you're cold here..." Ofcourse it was Dany he came running and gave me the hoody he was wearing. He lifted my chin and looked at me. I had cried so much that my eyes have turned red. As I saw Dany tears began running down. Dany dragged me close and hugged me with his arms. I tugged into him and cried. Why Dany's father of all... I thought to myself.

"It's okay now I don't know what it is but it will all be fine sweetheart." Dany tried to console me but that makes me more furious and sad. The fact that he has no idea about all this and that he treats me so well has become burdensome. "Do you wanaa talk about it?" I shook my head a 'No'. "Okay lets get you back home." "No!" I denied. "Well okay then lets just stay in the car its freaking cold here." Dany held onto me and we both got in the back seat of the car. Dany turned on the heater. "Where's Nana?" I asked. Although she had told me things that I wish I had never heard I was worried about her. "Oh she called me to pick her up and then told me to look for you. I dropped her at home." "Why are you here she must be waiting for you, you should go." I suggested even though I wanted him to stay so bad. "Do you have any place to go other than Nana's? Huh? And you expect me to leave you out here alone? God knows what could happen... No worries though I'm sure she understands." I was then assured. I placed my head on Dany's shoulder and closed my eyes