Chapter Fifteen

It has now been 4 months since the incident. I have started my freshman year at the university of my dreams. I have never taken myself seriously but these days I'm starting to clearly see how I would want to live my life like. Volunteering at the orphanage has helped me to realize my dreams and the path I want to take.

   And today I have decided to go to the police station to get information about events of the past. I grabbed a toast shoved it all in my mouth and went out.
"May I help you Mame?" some officer asked. "Ummm yes please I was actually curious about Mr Gillingham's death reports. Is there a way that maybe you would let me know about the incident?"
"Please wait here."
I waited for a few minutes. The officer was talking to some other guy and the were both looking at my direction. The other officer walked towards me and asked me to follow him.  He directed me into his office and asked me to sit down. "Miss or Mrs...???" He paused."Oh it's Miss Amanda Douglas." I gave in a smile to look friendly. "One of the officers here told me that you want to know the police report on Mr Gillingham's death,
Is that correct?"
"Yes, sir." I replied. "I am certainly sorry that the cases has been closed and we can't give you any information on this without knowing your full identity. So I ..." I cutted him of and said,"Sir here is my ID and please I would do anything needed just please let me see the police report." I pleaded but the officer remained firm.

    So I decided to leave and headed towards the exit. And right in front some other officer was staring at me and I was confused. But I tried to ignore him and make my way to the exit. "Hello Miss over here!" He called out. I looked at him and pointed a finger at myself asking "Who? Me?" And he nodded. So I walked towards him and he asked me why I was here and I explained. He suggested that we should talk outside and I agreed. We went to the nearest cafe by the station.
"May I ask who you are and the reason that you wanted to know about Mr Gillingham's death. How are you related?" He continued. "I know it sounds weird the fact that I am asking for your identity. But I did because I believe that I could help you." As soon as I heard him say that my eyes opened wide.

"Okay ummm my name is Amanda Douglas. And I'm currently 19 years old. And my relationship with Mr Gillingham is sort of complicated. Mr Gillingham happens to work at Mr McCartney A.K.A my grand father." When I ended my sentence mentioning my grandfather the officer looked surprised. "You see sir I believe that Mr Gillingham's death wasn't a mere car accident I don't have any proof right now but I just have this feeling you know. Something isn't right." I explained. But the officer remained calm and asked if he could see me some other time at the same place and we parted.