Chapter One

"Katniss. Katniss wake up." I hear Peeta saying.

I open my eyes. Peeta is laying beside me, smiling. "What is it, Peeta?" I ask tiredly. "Katniss. Look what day it is."

I look on my watch. "Peeta. It's been 12 years since the Reaping for our first games." I hug him.

He smiles. "Yeah. 12 years since we thought we were going to burn to death. 12 years since the Girl on Fire rose to power. 12 years since we first showed the world that we were the Star-Crossed Lovers of District 12. I love you, Katniss."

"I love you too, Peeta." I lean in and kiss him. Willow wanders into the room. "Mom. My tummy hurts." I sit up in bed. Peeta sits up beside me. "Come on Willow. Let's go see Grandma. She should be able to help." Peeta says.

"I can do it Peeta. Mom should be up. It's 6 AM. She is probably already checking on her patients. The mines are collapsing even more now. Mom has so many patients. Gale has been in there a lot. I remember that first time with that new Peacekeeper squad. We saved him, Peeta." I smile.

"Get some rest. I'll take her." He says, getting up. He leaves the room holding Willow's hand. I roll over and fall back asleep.

1 hour later:

"Mommy. Wake up! Daddy made breakfast! Grandpa Haymitch is here! Effie came too!" I wake up to the sound of my daughter beside my ear. My eyes open. "Hi honey. Did Grandma come?" I sit up.

Willow shakes her head. "Uncle Gale got hurt. She's helping him." She takes off down the stairs. I hear Rye fussing. I get up and walk to the room next door. My son is crying in his crib. I pick him up quickly. "Rye. It's okay sweetie. I have you." I say, picking him up and snuggling him.

"Katniss. I'll take him." I turn and see Effie. I hand Rye over. He relaxes on Effie's shoulder.

I smile. Effie is so good with my kids. "Thank you Effie." She smiles. "It's no trouble dear. I'll take him downstairs, and come back up. I made you and Peeta outfits. I'll bring Peeta back up here with me. Then I'll help you change. These will be special. They are Cinna's ideas. I used the book. Your outfit and Peeta's outfit is laying on your bed in your room. Go there now. I'll be back." Effie takes off down the stairs with Rye. I walk to my room.

I see our outfits. They are amazing. Effie and Cinna are amazing. The pants are just simple black leggings. The top is amazing. It is a simple black T-shirt with my Mockingjay pin. On the back, it says Mellark in sparkle lettering at the top. Below it is a large 12 in the sparkle letters. The shoes are black with a slight dusting of glitter. It is so simple but I love it.

"Katniss. I think you should plait your hair like in the games." I jump and look up. Effie is standing in the door frame with Peeta. Effie smiles.

"Katniss. You feeling okay? You look sick." Peeta says walking to me.

"It's been 12 years since I volunteered for Prim." I sigh.

"Katniss. It's okay." Peeta hugs me tightly. I feel comfortable in his arms. It's a great feeling.

"How is Mom? Does she know that? Does she know it's been 12 years since I volunteered?" I ask quietly. Peeta nods. "Katniss. She wants to see you. Once you get dressed. It's about Gale. Alison and the kids are staying at your mother's." He sighs.