Chapter 5: We all need somebody to lean on

* This Chapter is dedicated to @bazinga82 for being the first commenter of this book. (P.S. I love the username xp)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Blow a kiss, Fire a gun,

All we need is somebody to lean on."

~Lean On, Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MO

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was late and I knew it, without even glancing at my watch. It was just my second day of school and I was late in getting up. Again. I should seriously stop staying up all night in order to finish my chapters. Last night after getting home, I had gotten some new ideas to add an interesting angle to my book and just had to write it down before I forgot. So all in all, I was up till two thirty last night.

I quickly pulled a scarf around my neck and sprayed some deodorant before rushing out the door, only to meet Jennifer's angry glare. I had gotten up late and decided to skip the shower and take time to dress up instead. I know, call me disgusting but, I don't care anymore.

"How was detention?" I managed to blurt out to Jennifer in order to distract her from my lacking sense of punctuality.

However, to my surprise, her anger only got worse as she gripped the steering wheel tighter, her knuckles growing pale.

Needless to say, her glare was so scary that I didn't have the courage to bring up anything about my events from last night.

Oops, my bad.

She started the car and began driving way past the speed limit. I fastened my seatbelt tighter, and began sending my prayers up to the heavens to spare me from the wrath of an apocalyptic gorilla.

"He didn't turn up at all," she muttered, her eyes burning with fury.

It was so damn hard for me to keep a serious look on my face, as I recalled that delusional and hopeless romantic, who was excited to waste an entire hour of her evening with someone who she barely knew. Especially when she could have been doing something productive, like getting a manicure to match her OOTD.

"I eagerly went to detention, only to find that disgusting kid, Tony Smith drooling on a desk and no sign of Jesse whatsoever. Just when I was about to make a run for it, Mr. Brown spotted me and ensured that I also got extra homework for trying to bunk detention." She completed her every word dipped in pure anger.

Oh boy, I pitied this Jesse now.

She was seething and I knew today was a bad day for anyone. I mean EVERYONE who decided to be about 5 feet distance from her. I was considering jumping out of the car to save myself from her I'm-angry-so-I'm-gonna-drive-recklessly streak. Just then, my phone began buzzing.