Chapter 12: He had dimples? Holy Crap.

It had been a week since the spiking incident and I hadn't told anyone about Jesse coming home. Both Skyler and Jennifer were extra protective of me throughout the week and either of them was always by my side. After one tiring week of school, Friday had finally arrived. Since this Friday Aaron was going out on a date with Sarah and we had nothing to do, I decided to treat Jennifer and Skyler for all that they had done for me the past week.

Frost Factory Time!

Frost Factory was the coolest Ice cream parlor in the little town of Westshore. Being a beach town, the weather was never too cold and Ice cream was in demand consistently throughout the year. It was a cute little place with pastel blue and pink walls and waffle cone shaped seats. Skyler picked me up soon after school and we had been waiting at the shop for a good half hour now, for Miss Chanel- Jennifer.

When we figured she wasn't going to come anytime soon, we went ahead and ordered our ice cream. Skyler took a Mint Chocolate Chip Sundae whereas I took the Frost Factory Friday special. This used to be our Family's usual order every Friday when we used to come to Frost Factory, Four Friday specials, which would change every week.

This time it was a Peppermint Bonanza, which looked absolutely tempting. Just as I was about to dig in, a second spoon took a huge spoonful of MY Ice cream.

"Heyy!" I yelled whacking Skyler's hand.

"Ooh that's a nice flavor, lets swap." He answered matter-of-factly and went ahead to swap our ice-creams.

"No way am I gonna let you do that!" I exclaimed.

Everyone who knew me, knew pretty well not to mess with my Ice-cream.

"Pumpkin, I'm the stronger one," he said with a pitiful smile while easily pulling out my ice-cream bowl from my tight clutch, and sliding his Sundae in my direction.

''Keep your Sundae for yourself and and your hands off of my special!" I grumbled, grabbing back my ice cream bowl.

"OK then Pumpkin, let's strike a deal then shall we? You get half of my Sundae and I get half of your Special?"

That seemed an offer worth accepting, didn't it? While my mind was debating it, my brain decided to not let him get the better of me.

"Nope, you ain't getting any of my peppermint. Why do you even want it? You got that peppermint thing going good for your breathe anyway." I scoffed.

"So you've smelt my breathe, huh?" He finished with a smug smile and wriggling eyebrows.

God no, I can't let this happen.

"And since when did my name get replaced by pumpkin?" I said to avoid the awkward question.

"Don't avoid my question Campbell." As though he'd read my mind, he finished with a mild chuckle.

But when I thought back, when did I smell his breath? Weird.

"Oh alright split the bloody ice cream." I declared out of defeat.

At this statement of mine, Skyler gave his signature smirk and winked at me, digging into MY ice cream. Geez, when did I start sharing my ice cream!

Just as I managed to take a spoonful of the mint chocolate chip sundae, the shop bell rung and in walked Sarah as Aaron held the door for her. If Jennifer hadn't been late, we would've shared the 'our little boy has become a gentleman' look. So this must've been his idea to take her out to a date. Well, let's just say it was a good thing Jen and I didn't interfere ever since the party as Aaron seemed to be doing fine on his own.

As Aaron walked into the parlour, he caught my eye and waved at us, and we reciprocated with waves of our own. Soon after placing an order for their ice creams, they came over to our table.