Chapter 4: Never in my wildest dreams had I thought...

" Say you'll remember me

Standing in a nice dress, Staring at the sunset,

Red lips and rosy cheeks,

Say you'll see me again, Even if its just in your

Wildest Dreams..."

~ Taylor Swift

    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *    

The visit to the nurse's office was pretty uneventful. I took some pills that the nurse gave me and rested for a while in a lounge chair. The pills she had given me had made me very drowsy and inert. As lunch break arrived, I walked over to our usual bench where I saw Jennifer and Aaron sitting and chatting up some guy I didn't recognize. He was probably a new kid, like Jennifer had told me. He looked of Indian origin. I hadn't told any of my friends about the incident in English class and didn't intend to either.

"Hey April," Aaron yelled in my direction as I approached their table.

I gave him and Jennifer a light wave and smiled at the new guy, as I had no stamina in me to even speak, considering the pills and also the fact that I hadn't had breakfast in the morning. As I pulled out my chair to sit down Aaron introduced me to the new guy.

"April, this is Rahul Sharma from India," Aaron said, confirming my hypothesis, "and Rahul, as you already know, this is April."

He held out his hand to me and I shook it in return with a smile. Rahul was a pretty average guy, with short black hair and a tanned complexion. He wore a t-shirt that said "Bazinga!" and I instantly loved him. Everyone who knew me also knew that I had a great obsession for The Big Bang Theory.

"We were sat together in Math, first period, and got along well." Aaron explained to me, "He is from India, and..."

"His friend from his old school has also joined Lincoln High this year." Jennifer added.

I was thankful that Rahul had joined us for lunch because most of the attention was diverted away from me. I just managed to finish whatever the cafeteria had provided and was left toying with my fork and one last piece of lettuce when Jennifer called me. My head immediately turned to her. Aaron was animatedly discussing some video game strategy with Rahul, who seemed more interested in it than Aaron. Jennifer turned toward me and bent down low, lowering her voice as well, speaking to me in the most secretive way.

"Guess what?" she began, "Remember? After Chemistry, you had English?"

Great remind me of that damned class that I had decided to forget about for the rest of my life.

"Yeah?"

"I had Math with Mr. Brown, and you will not guess who sat next to me."

"No" I replied, sarcasm significant in my tone, as Jennifer's excited expression turned into a scowl and she whacked my shoulder.

I gave out a giggle and apologized, only then did she continue.

"I just grabbed the first seat I could get from the last row and after a while one of the new guys sat next to me! Me of all people!" She exclaimed as her eyes rolled backwards and sighed rather dramatically.

She kind of reminded me of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland with her hopeful wide grin from one ear to the other. Sadly for her I was about to break her bubble.