Prologue

"How does it work?" Mark Vin asked. His dark, suppressed, features were actually quite pleasing. It didn't fit him. The man's face was born to frown.

"She. It's a girl, sir." The man next to him peeped. He was an awkward figured man, with glasses on his bridge, his head always tilted down due to his shyness. He was Dave Efman.

"Whatever," The frown grew back on Vin's serious features. "It's a robot, just show me how the damn thing works."

"Y-Yes, sir." Dr.Efman was always afraid of Vin's annoyed tone. Especially when they were alone. Vin could take out the heavy, black pistol he always kept on his muscular person at all times and execute the scientist without a second thought.

The doctor paced over to a holographic control panel and moved a couple of red hexagons and pressed a green triangular button. The lights illuminated off his circular glasses.

Vin peered through the window at her. The glass casing around her split in two, she stepped out. Her black voltic armor shined in the fluorescent light. She had the strong figure of an average human woman. She walked almost humanly and gave a short salute to Vin. A smirk played on her pink lips. It was like she was human.

Dr. Efman smiled to himself as he pressed a blue square. Red lights appeared on the suit. He waited a moment for Vin to stare at it. Then he spoke.

"This is Subject Zero aka Black Widow." Efman pointed. "She can-"

"Just show me what it can do, you don't have to explain." Vin silenced the man. Efman had flinched at his tone. He quickly pressed a purple rhombus on the holographic panel and the room around the robotic woman had changed. It was now a wide street, littered with destroyed Ryders(flying cars). A simulation.

Black Widow walked towards a gray Ryder, it was flipped over and its hovering engines had blown out. The widow checked to see if anyone was inside. There wasn't.

"What kind of sorry excuse of a droid is this?" Vin wasn't pleased. "I want action! Killing!" Dr.Efman tried to keep his fear from showing. Inside he was a complete wreck.

"Y-You mean like the l-last one, sir?" Efman cracked.

"Better than the last one," Vin said. "I'll give you three weeks, and if you are not done by that time, I'll see to it personally that this is your last project." Vin turned and exited the lab.

David Efman was scared out of his mind. It had taken him months to come up with this and now he has only 3 weeks to change it and come up with something better. He took off his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose.

This job was suicide.