Chapter Sixteen: The Golden One

Jupiter: Golden-Riven

A boy with rather long hair that flowed down his neck, kept his bright blue eyes on the timer while trying to spectate a figure. His thin and expressionless lips left no indication of his emotions.

The figure moved wonderfully. It was in the shape of a girl. Encased a black combat suit with white sleeves and golden trimmings. It moved with the precision of a laser knife. Cutting through its opponents as if they were butter.

"Time!" The boy announced. It was then the female figure stopped. The figure took off its helm: letting a plethora of golden locks fall to their shoulders. The intricate wavy hair framed a gorgeous face, equipped with a cutting edge jawline and eyes that could collapse planets with a single glare.

There was only one person in the galaxy with such features that could arouse a feeling within the boy. Soma Prime. It was then the figure became a person, bursting with unmatched vitality. She locked her gaze on the boy, his blue eyes radiated with admiration for her.

¨Thats 10 people in 2 minutes." A smile crept on his face as she walked to him. "2 seconds over the record." Soma stopped in her tracks and turned back to mats.

"That's not enough." She clenched her fists. "Again!" She demanded. After a moment of silence, she turned to the boy. "Did I stutter? Again Torren." In reaction, he reset the holograms and put to settings to hardest possible and set the timer to 2 minutes. With that Soma turned and launched in the group of holograms not bothering to put on her helmet.

The first of bunch swung first. Soma blocked with the fat of her left forearm then threw a devastating blow the face of the hologram with her right. The figure disappeared due to taking too much damage. Then Soma swept the feet of another and as it hit the ground she stomped on its chest, resulting in its disappearance. It was then Soma was jumping on the balls of her feet, cracking her neck and shaking her arms loose of any tightness. That's when it ended. The golden-haired girl exploded into the remaining holograms. She jumped to one and obliterated it with a single fist. She jumped to the other and gave a devastating kick to the head, as she landed, Soma recoiled her legs and sprang up with her first, uppercutting a hologram. It disappeared before hitting the ground.

Torren Ovis' blue eyes could only gaze in astonishment as she finished off the rest with 9 seconds to spare. This was insane: not only did Soma beat the record of 2 minutes and 2 seconds, but she also went overboard and demolished her own which is now 1 minute 51 seconds. 10 'people' down in that amount of time was godlike in the eyes if Torren.

A slow clap interrupted the moment.

"Wow, you beat up light! I'm shaking in my boots!" a girl with wild red hair that erupted from her head an spilled down to her lower back, stood in the doorway.

"What do you want Ren." Torren's dead tone filled the air. Any emotion he had earlier had evaporated when the girl had clapped. The girl named Ren moseyed into the room.

"I mean yeah you can beat up light refractions in a minute or whatever but who cares? Big deal!" She said.

"Spit it out already." Soma began losing patience.

"I'm saying you should fight the real deal. Someone like...Oh, I don't know...me!" Torren could feel an electric aura coming from the girl. Soma smirked.

"We have no time for your games Ren-"

"Bring it on!" Soma relished at the chance. The instructors weren't around and they both could feel the power radiating from each other. Ren had already jumped onto the mats.