Chapter Twelve: The Woman without a Soul

Soma Prime didn't move. Her alarm had rung but she let it go on until it put itself on snooze. It was 4:30 am. An ungodly hour of the morning, but it was the beginning of her day. She went to her personal bathroom and did her routine. As she got out of the now steamy bathroom, due to her shower. She looked at herself in the mirror. She examined her Stark naked body. Her toned muscles that blended perfectly into one another.

"Perfection." She smirked. Her body was already dry due to the automatic dryer in her shower. She materialized herself a vanilla protein shake as she got dressed, she played slow, ambient violin music on her player. She dressed in black high top pants, a white turtleneck long sleeved shirt with golden earrings, bracelets and a necklace with a small projection of a woman with golden hair. Soma's clothes mostly concealed her muscles except for her toned stomach. She reached for her vanilla protein shake and sipped through a straw as she walked out of her room. She had been home 2 days now due to the mandatory week-long break implemented at her Gauntlet academy.

"You're up late." A familiar voice rang through the corridor. There was only one person who would be up earlier than her and call it late.

She turned to face the woman. "Hello, Euphona. I let my alarm run."

"How's the training?"

"It's pitiful!" Soma bursted. "I am as powerful as the instructors! They're teaching me things I already know, skills I've already mastered!" Soma calmed herself. "I feel like there is no challenge."

"Oh, Have you not seen?" Euphona's proper accent grew thicker when she gossiped.

"What?" Soma's interest peaked. Nothing ever interested her mother, and when something did: it was a spectacle.

"Come, Child." The woman ordered her daughter to follow. "I have told you this time and time again but you never heeded my advice, you're lucky I am able to catch your ignorance this time." Euphona lead her to the Living room, which lit up in their presence. It was A large Hexagonal shaped room with a kitchen integrated into it, a maximum sized holographic display took up one wall a charcoal C shaped couch was placed opposite to the display with a matching charcoal, levitating, round coffee table. On the other side of the room: windows boasting a gruesome view of erupting volcanos. Shields were created to solve the problem of the insane heat, shock absorbent anchors reinforced with hydraulics blocked the tremors. A lounge area was put in place to admire the astonishing view.

"What do you mean?" Soma had thought it over but couldn't decipher what her mother meant.

"I mean her." Euphona turned on the display to view a picture of a girl with white-haired and perfect hourglass figure Soma couldn't hope to achieve.

"Am I supposed to know who this is?" Soma questioned.

"This is Aero Void, your end if you're not careful," Euphona told her. Soma knew she had heard that name before but she could not remember. "You arrogantly dismissed her in your interview with the press." Euphona pressed a button on the remote in her hand and it showed a video of Soma.

"Hello, Ms. Prime." Her interviewer started.

"Can we hurry this up, I have somewhere to be." Soma had a feeling of Deja Vu. On the display: Soma adjusted herself into a slouch.

"So Ms.Prime-"

"Ms.Prime is my mother, call me Soma." She interrupted the Interviewer.

"Speaking of Euphona Prime," The interviewer cleared his throat. "How is the Gauntlet veteran nowadays?"

"Euphona is great." Soma looked visually disinterested. "Are we done?"