Chapter Twenty-Two

| Anonymous |

"You guys, we have a big case on our hands. I know I agreed to close it, but I can't sleep at night knowing these guys are freely walking the streets." I said.

"Are you talking about Langston Higgins & his crew?" Martha asked

I nodded my head, ever since I was assigned to this case I spent many sleepless days and nights trying to get him and his crew off these streets. As of right now the only recent lead I have on him is that he moved somewhere out in California.

"Honestly, detective may I ask a question?" Howard asked.

Go right ahead." I said.

"Why are you so worked up on catching these guys? I've been working with you for some years now, I know how passionate you are about catching them but It's not gonna happen. Besides, didn't you say they recently just moved? We can't do anything about if it's not in our jurisdiction." He said.

"You're right, but I don't give a damn how long it takes this time! We are going to catch them and that is a promise!" I shouted.

Howard shook his head and began jotting shit down in his notepad. "Now, we all know Langston..."

| Aaleeyah Petty |

 I was awaken by the sun shining through my window, I climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom

I was awaken by the sun shining through my window, I climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I did my oral hygiene and I washed my face so I could get the eye boogers and what not. I walked downstairs and seen no sign of Langston, he probably left out with the guys last night after I went upstairs. I grabbed my phone from my bra and dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail, I wonder what he's doing. I tried calling him again, it went straight to voicemail. I placed my phone on the counter and began rummaging through the kitchen for something to eat.

I grabbed the eggs, bacon, and waffle mix. I got everything in the kitchen prepared before I started to throw down. In the midst of me throwing down, I heard the front door open and close. I looked to my left and saw Langston walk inside. He had blood over his clothes. I sighed and took a seat at the kitchen counter. "What did you get into Langston?" I asked.

"Nothing that major. Some bitches just had to get a couple bullets to the skull." He said, smirking.

"What do you mean 'nothing that major'? You killed someone Langston." I said, in shock.

"Well, she killed my fucking child. She deserved to die, what the fuck!" He shouted.

"Langston, two wrongs don't make a fucking right. You too grown to be out here doing shit like this." I said.

"Baby girl, do you know how bad it is to see you walking around with a fake ass smile on your face? I know that shit ain't genuine. Shit, we both lost our fucking son. I swear up and down on my life I felt so sick to my stomach because I let that bitch walk among us freely. I should've blasted that bitch the day she exposed herself. I know deep down you wanted me to kill her too, stop frontin. I'm finna go upstairs and take a shower. When I come back down here just act like this shit never happened." He said, walking away up the stairs.