Safe

Music:
Madness- Muse
Girl That You Love- Panic! At the Disco
Alone Together- Fall Out Boy
Bang the Doldrums- Fall Out Boy
Downtown- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. A whole bunch of people (a/n this song is my jam sorry)
Drive- Halsey
Fool's Gold- One Direction

To say the plane ride was awkward was an understatement. I had to keep myself from falling asleep on Spencer, and I also had to keep myself from crying. When the flight was nearly over, I felt a very hesitated tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see Spencer looking at me. I could feel my eyes filling up with tears.

"I, um, I wanted to know if you would like to just stay at my apartment until it is sorted out where you will live," he said quietly.

"Y-you don't have to do this, Spencer. I-I love you," I hiccuped, tears finally escaping my eyes.

"Jessica, I still love you, too, but-"

"But what, Spencer? I don't understand what I did," I snapped.

"You won't understand," he whispered.

"Why not!" I said loudly, quickly quieting myself.

"I can't tell you. You need to understand that," he replied, looking at the seat in front of him.

"Spencer, are you in some sort of trouble-"

"Drop it, Jessica," he said nervously.

I looked at him through tears. Had I know he was protecting me, I wouldn't have been so harsh when he asked to take a break. But, obviously, he couldn't tell me. I wanted to know.

"Okay," was all I said, softly, barely heard by myself.

But he heard it. He let out a small sigh. He went to grab my hand, but I pulled away. I opened my book back up, reading from where I had left off. I wasn't really reading, though. I was trying not to cry. It was inevitable. I watched as the tears came from my eyes, landing on the page with soundless thuds. I just watched, afraid to say anything due to how shaky I was when I even took a breath. I couldn't imagine how my voice would sound in that moment.

"I'm so sorry, Jessica," he whispered, and I could see tears down his face.

"It's okay. Broken hearts are just so easy to get over. I'll move out as soon as I can... and I'm going to resign my position on the team."

A/N: I know it's short guys, but you all looked so desperate... don't worry, there will be more coming.

QOTD: how mad at me are you right now? Leave it in the comments.

Don't forget to vote and comment?