Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Convincing Vivian that though Derek needed clothes like now did not mean that he was going shopping immediately, she had finally relented and agreed to leave only after they decided that the next saturday would be perfect to meet.

As she had opened the door and left, she had walked straight into Sam and it had been a scene right out of a movie script where the actress fell and the hero saved her from distress with the minor deviation of Vivian immediately dusting her dress and walking off and Sam coming in with a puzzled look rather than a goofy smile of love.

“Der who was that! I thought you were after Rachel," he said looking at Derek in confusion.

Derek’s smile wiped off his face, Rachel one of the many reasons he was in this mess.

“She left to New York for a better job and a better man," he sighed turning away to make some more coffee for himself.

“Are you serious! Well she didn’t deserve you anyway, you my man will find a way hotter, smarter and overall better woman who will be perfect for you.” Sam said his eyes glowing with honest emotion.

Derek gave a weak smile before trying to change the topic, "So how’s your dad?” He asked.

Sam groaned and dropped on the sofa, “Oh please don’t ask. It’s traumatizing to see your parents gushing over each other even at this age. You know what he says after I left my classes and drove for over two hours all for him...he says and I quote why are you here disturbing your mother and I don’t you have somewhere else to be.” He looked so hurt that Derek couldn’t help but chuckle. "Now don't change the subject, who was she?” Sam asked turning towards Derek who was sitting on the windowsill overlooking the city. 

Derek sighed the fact that he had signed up for a makeover sounded so ridiculous  even in his thoughts...how was he actually supposed to tell Sam without sounding hilarious.

“Well...you see...I got drunk last night," Sam nodded as if asking him to continue, “andIdialedamakeoverservice,” he blabbered, Sam nodded and said, “Der, a little slowly this time."

Derek sighed and looked away from Sam before saying, “I called a makeover service and they accepted."  Sam sat there for a while contemplating the words before a wide grin broke on his face, “Dude that’s awesome... I mean you are a good looking bloke, you just don’t know how to show it. Soon it will be the ladies flocking around you rather than me." 

Derek rolled his eyes at Sam and walked into the kitchen placing his mug in. Sam suddenly cursed staring at the watch, "Dude its already 12, I have a date with Leila at 12:30 at the BRISC, she is going to kill me if I am late," he pulled on his jacket and ran out of the flat.

Derek shook his head at Sam’s retreating back, he had met Leila and she was a shy, timid woman who had somehow gotten Sam wrapped around her little finger. Remembering that he had mentioned Rae’s name in the call he had made, so he dialed his number,

“Hi there bro, wassup?” Rae’s voice came across on the line.

“Hey Rae, listen would you mind explaining to me why exactly did you give me some makeover company’s number last night?”

Rae’s laugh just made Derek scowl more, "Oh my god, you don’t remember anything from last night?” he said obviously enjoying Derek’s misery.

“No,” Derek mumbled.

“Well you called me up around 11 last night, and basically spilled out how sad your life was right about now what with Rachel leaving you, you wanted to change. So I gave you the number. Bro, you begged me!"

"What the heck are you talking about, Raed?" Derek glared. "That girl, from that makeover place came here and wants to change my whole wardrobe."

"Well, it's a great start bro! Wait, a girl you say? Is she hot?" Derek could almost imagine the leer on Rae’s face, while Rae believed that woman were God’s gift to man, he also seemed to think that he himself was God’s gift to women. 

“Yes she is hot and did seem smart but that’s not even the point! I don’t want a makeover that’s for girls” Derek groaned only to hear a laugh on the other end of the phone.

"Times have changed and you need to understand that you have to change as well," said Rae in a voice that held no room for further arguments. 

"Don't wanna!" Derek groaned. 

"What are you five” Rae snickered “ anyhow if you have the time wanna go to Alex’s party tomorrow we haven’t really hung out in a while”.

“Really…and that has nothing to do with us living in different states and you ditching me every time you see a girl” Derek deadpanned.

“Ugh let’s not look at the technicalities shall we just tell me are you in or out” Rae huffed.

“I am not interested and do I even know an Alex” Derek asked.

“Well, it’s your loss! It’s going to be a road trip this time; it’s going to be fun! Come on Der you haven’t been out in ages” Rae said.

Derek sighed, while he knew his brother was trying to cheer him up it just brought home the fact that he was heartbroken and just plain broken at present.

“Look Rae I appreciate the thought and I’ll think about it” he said, hearing his brother snort in disbelief on the other end he said,” No seriously I will but I got to go now bye” Derek said and cut the call. As much as he loved his brother he needed to clear his mind and he knew just the place, nodding to himself he pulled on his jacket, picked up his car keys and rushed out.

A small drive later he pulled into an empty parking lot and as he stepped out of the car, for the first time that day he smiled.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 complete

I am so sorry that I haven’t been able to update sooner and for the people who have looked forward to this chapter and enjoyed it and given positive feedback about it thank you.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter  

-Silver

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if you enjoyed reading the chapter then please show your support by clicking on the VOTE  button on the left

and I would definitely like to know what you think of the story so do comment :)