Chapter Ten

Recap-

Derek groaned, “Oh no! I am going to be late. Vivian is going to kill me!"

Alan raised a single eyebrow, "Vivian?"

“I’ll tell you later. For now just hope I survive that woman’s wrath.” Saying this he ran quickly to change. If he was late, he just knew that Vivian would put him in hell for it.

He got home and quickly, changed, driving so fast, he was pretty sure he almost broke a few traffic laws. Reaching the venue he got down just to stop short.

Chapter Ten

There standing in front of him was an angel. More precisely it was a fallen angel. The woman was wearing a silky white shredded dress that was open in the back and was held up by only the cloth that went around her neck. The dress was tactfully ripped and covered with light shades of red and black at the bottom giving the illusion of lost innocence.

Huge, black, twisted wings  held by almost invisible straps fell gracefully down her back to her knees. The skin that was visible through the wings was like honeyed silk. Her hair fell in perfect disarray around her face, looking like inky waves of night. When she turned, Derek saw her mask was white and broken, with a single black crack going through it. Her eyes shone like glass baubles and perfect white teeth were framed by plump pink lips. when she caught sight of him, she grinned and waved. He realized with a jolt that this divine vision on earth was actually Vivian.

“Derek! You don’t have your mask on,” she said while looking him over for any faults in his outfit.

Derek was wearing a formal tux, the suit though wasn’t a rented one. Rather, it was one of the Armani’s he had. Vivian had decided that he would make an amazing vampire. But all he had done was added a pair of fake teeth and a blood red rose at the lapel. According to Vivian, he was aiming for a new era vampire. Seeing as he really didn’t need to dress up for it, Derek was happy to do so. She pulled the mask out of his hand and slid it on his face. It covered half his face and was completely black. The contrast brought his icy blue eyes into focus and Vivian couldn’t help but gasp at the intensity in them. Smiling she dusted off imaginary dust off his shoulder.

“Alright, here’s how it works. The women here don’t know anything about you and you don’t know anything about them.

Rule 1- Don’t ask for names, make one if you find someone you want to talk to or use the pseudo  name they give you.

Rule 2- Don’t tell them you are a client of ours. This is a test to see your social skills, no cheating needed.

Rule 3- If you actually have a bad situation or an awkward one that can turn disastrous, signal to me. That gets me to my final rule.

Rule 4- Have fun and forget I am even there. Now did you get all that? Also if you actually end up liking somebody here, you can break rule one and get their name and number. But that’s only if both the parties are interested alright? Got all that?...Good now go.”