Chapter 7~ Birthday Shopping

* * A/N * * Real quick I just want to say sorry this one is so short but, I have alot planned for the next chapter and had to get some finner details written before hand. Enjoy though! :D

-Mel  <3

__________________________________________________________

____________ Kitchen within Salvatore Boarding House______________

(Katherine's POV)

I sat next to Elena as she told me that sh loved Damon. Not both Salvatore's as I had suspected but, just Damon. I realize that she is serious and the two of us chat about her birthday tomorrow. "So are you excited about tomorrow?" She nods and responds, "Yes, but I've nervous too. Damon said he had a surprise for me that I saw him put in his pocket when we went to Bonnie's." I look at her sort of odd as a grin comes across my face. "Weren't you wearing his jacket when you came in?" She nods once more as I tell her, "I can always peak to see what it is. Then I can tell you whether or not to be nervous." She smiles and then points towards the coat rack opposite of the kitchen doorway. I then wisp over before the coat and find something within the left pocket. A small velvet box, in a navy blue hue. I open it to peek as I then put it back into the jacket. I then wisp back to my seat with a smile on my face from ear to ear.

Elena's POV)

Katherine just went to see what Damon was hiding to make sure that I could settle my nerves about it. She returns to her seat with the biggest grin on her face and I believe tears gathering in her eyes. "So what is it? Will I need to really speak to him about the meaning behind which?' She shakes her head and then talks, "I don't want to say exactly what it is physically but, I do want to say that there is no need to worry. It is precisely what you have secretly always want." I grin as I am mentally confused and then I just shrug, "Just tell me what color it is so I can dress for it." Kat shakes her head and says, "Navy". I smile as it my favorite color as well as Damons'. We each fall quite and I take a second to listen in on Damon's mind. He has become at ease as I excuse myself to make sure that neither one of them are lying dead on the floor. I can hear Kat giggle as I tell her my reason to leave briefly as she decides to follow behind.

She leans on the bottom wall to the stairs as I walk inside and look to see the two napping on each of the couches. I once again hear Kat giggle as I enter the room and the sight is visible to her through the door. I walk in further and scream like a blond in a horror film. The two jump awake and look at me. "What the hell?!" "Was that at all necessary?!" The two shouted back as I nodded and crossed my arms along the front of my torso. They both looked at me as I made clear that I was beyond pissed. I hear the door close as Kat comes in and walks in beside me shaking her head. "The good news Elena is they aren't dead, well not yet" I smirked as I went closer to the guys, "I want to hear that you two have talked and worked things out. If not I will force you two to talk things over while I and Kat go get some clothes for my party tomorrow." The guys looked at me and then one another before Damon spoke, "Yes Elena, we've sorted things out." "Good, now if you don't mind I'm gonna go shopping with Kat. You two can join us if you wish." They both shake their heads, "No you two go ahead we have to get come things together for you tomorrow anyways." Damon said once more as Stefan agreed. Damon then handed me his keys and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Just don't let Kat drive and have fun" he said as Kat snubbed him a look. I nodded as I then waved to Stefan and turned to Kat. "How does New York sound?" I asked as I told Damon I'd be back before noon tomorrow. He waved us out as he went back to the kitchen and got some blood.

Kat and I left taking Damons' Camero and headed for the road. Her and I started to chat when I brought something funny up. "Since when have we been able to stand one another?" She and I both laughed as we remembered it was when she came back with Damons' cure. I then thanked her as I was able to then go ahead and realize myself having a future with him. "That's just what I do, I'm a giver..." she trailed off as her sarcastic tone made me laugh. The two of us stayed on the road all night occasionally singing songs on the radio, to talking about being a vampire. As we were nearly to the city I brought up Damons' gift. She kept changing the subject as I finally got her to crack a little. "All I'll say is we need to find you something formal, and incredibly hot." I laughed as that didn't give me much of a clue but, let that just be a thought floating in my mind.

_________________________ New York City, NY______________________

We came into the city as we stopped to switch drivers so I could sleep alittle. I just made Kat swear that she wouldn't tell Damon and I wouldn't either. I assumed it was a few hours as I woke to the sound of car horns and loud traffic as we pulled up to a side street full of small formal attire boutiques. I wake up and look around as a Kat and I walk up to one of the stores. Within the window of one there is a stunning dress that catches my eye. "I think thats the one" I say as Kat drags me inside and has the cashier at the register take it off the maniquin. As I look at the deep midnight blue of it I look at the details. The front is v-neck and is low cut. The staps look like ruched draping from the bustline as they cross in the back. Beneath the bust there is a a silk sash that looks to be going through chain loops of white crystals. Then the bottom flows to resemble dresses fit for godesses. The sales girl hands me the dress as I go to try it on. Kat takes a seat on one of the zebra print arm chairs outside of the dressing rooms to wait. I come out and take a look in the mirror as I see Kat gone. I then turn beside me to find her gushing over how I  look as I see her in a dress too. Its a beige skin-toned dress that has a bubble look. It is sort of wrinkled looking and has a rinestone belt beneath the bust. "Cute", "Stunning" I and she exchange as we definately have to get these.

____________________ Damon's Camero______________________

Kat and I spend a large portion of the morning shopping as she says that as a vampire I will need to get a wardobe update. She drags me from store to store getting so many clothes we can barely fit them all in the trunk. Around noon Damon calls me and wonders how things are. We agree that they are good and decide to head home. We get back in the car and I am driving home now as Kat decided I needed a Starbucks. I hit the highway as we exit the city and have a few hours until we get home. On the way we rolling plains and rivers as Kat goes on about how I will feel as a vampire.

____________________ Salvatore Boarding House___________________

By the time we get back home its nearly completely dark and there are cars outside of the house. I see that Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler, and Alaric are here as I suppose Jer came with Bonnie and Matt with Caroline.  We pull up and Kat and I change really quick. She fixes her hair and I just dab on some lipgloss before putting on my new silver strappy heels and her a pair of nude pumps. We walk inside as the hall light is on and a path of blue flower petals to the door of the grand room. Kat and I walk along the trail as we enter the room and everyone jumps out and yells, "Surpise!"

.