Chapter 8~ Vowing to Age

___________________ Grand Room within the Salvatore Boarding House__________________

(Elena's POV)

I look around as I am shocked at what I see. There are blue roses along the fireplace mantel along with assorted size white candles. There are more candles along the tables of the room as Damon comes up to me. "You look beautiful, especially in the glow of candlelight." I blushed as he said that and I saw Caroline, Stefan, and Kat shaking their heads in the backside of the room. Thanks, you clean up good for yourself Mister Salvatore. He seemed to smirk as I walked in further to the room. "Thanks you guys, but you didin't-" I got cut off by Caroline as she spoke, "You're eighteen and going to become a fellow vamp. We have to celebrate!" I smiled as I walked towards the roaring fireplace and get hugs from Bonnie, and Caroline. We all begin to chat as Damon links his arm in mine. The two of us walk and converse as music plays and a slow song goes on. Damon and I as, well as Jer and Bonnie and, Caroline and Matt dance. Stefan, Kat, and Tyler talk with Alaric as I can feel a set of eyes on me. I narrow in on Stefans' thoughts as he looks at me. He wants to cut in on Damon and I dancing to apologize. as I am about to tell Damon I see someone tap his shoulder. There beside him is Stefan as he takes Damons' spot and the two seem to be at peace.

"You really do look lovely Elena. Azula, is Elena." Stefan spoke softly as another slow song came on. "Thank you Stefan. You look handsome tonight as well." He smiled as we danced and fell quiet. He then looked at me as he spoke, "You were right, earlier. About me being jealous, and a crutch and I apologize. I am terribly sorry that I forced you through all of this. However while I was away, I felt so comforted that you were with Damon. He loves you Elena, really loves you. I am grateful that my brother has become the same man that I knew in humanity. I know realize that in order to live as brothers, I will need you by his side." He finishes as I then feel a tear fall down my cheek. He wipes it away, "Don't cry. I will never as I can see you happy and exist with my brother, finally at peace." I then smile as we part and I see Bonnie and Caroline besides a large cake. "Elena come open your presents, we're too anxious to see how you like things. Then we'll enjoy the cake." I smiled as I then went and took a seat at the armchair angled to the fireplace. The rest followed taking seats along the trio of couches with gifts in hand. I blushed as I felt my cheeks on fire, "You guys really don't have to do this. I mean as long as Alaric doesn't decide to stake me I'll be around for a really long time." They all laughed as Alaric held up his hands to show he was innocent. Then Jer spoke, "Elena we want this for you. We want to give you the best last human birthday knowing that you'd regret it later."

 I smiled as he then handed me a box It was small and white with black and blue ribbons. I opened the lid and within I found a porcelain, oval trinket box. It was as big as a soap dish and several inches tall. I opened it and inside was a locket. A silver heart that held two portraits, one of the two sets of parents I had. I smiled as I thanked Jer and I set everything back in the box.

Then Bonnie passed me a box and told me that I'd surely love it. I grinned as I took the pastel blue and green box which was rather large and I began to open it. Inside I then see it. Within is a gold and silver hand held mirror, a miniature compact version, and a decorative vile. I then look at Bonnie confused as she then explains. "The mirror is a transporter, you tell or think of where you want to go and you will be transported there. The compact does the same and the vile is a potion. Take it before Damon bites you and after you have human blood to turn, you'll instantly be put on the furry creature diet. I just don't need to use my powers on you if you try to nibble on me." She giggles and I thank her as everyone else follows with theirs.

From Caroline I got a vile of human blood for after Damon bites me as well as a new diary for me to use as my old one was nearly full. "Thanks, its so lovely" I was able to comment as she told me an upside. "I also had Bonnie put a spell on it so only you can open it, so no one will know anything that my happen." I blush as I thank the two and then move on with things.