Luck Cat Cafe -23-

*Peter's P.O.V*

I rolled my eyes at her. Of course she wanted food.

"Well let's go get some food then, shall we?" I said, opening the door and letting her out first.

''Alright," she said, looping her arm with mine."Where to then?"

"You pick."

"I know just the place," she took off running, leaving me to follow.

I followed her to a small cafe. As soon the door opened, the smell of coffee hit my face. There were a few other people in the room and a woman, who I assumed worked there, was behind the counter filling up a mug for someone.

"What's this place called?" I asked Addie.

"It's called 'Lucky Cat Cafe'. The owner is Cass Hamada. Her nephew and I used to go to school together before he graduated."

We took a seat next to the window and started looking at the menu. A minute later, Ms. Hamada came over to take our order.

"What can I get you two?" She asked.

"I'll have a glass of lemonade please" Addie said.

"I'll have the same."

She wrote it down on her notepad and went to go get out drinks. I was about to ask Addison a question when she started to say something.

"Why do you live in treehouse? Not to be rude, or anything. I was just wondering."

"Well, why not. I found it one day while I was exploring and decided to live in it."

"Yeah, but what about your parents? Do they know where you are?"

I shook my head. "I don't have any. That another reason why I live in a tree."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I-"

"No, no, it's fine. Then again, if we're all fairytale characters it'd make sense. Me being PEter PAn and all."

"Still. It'd still suck not have a mom or a dad..." she looked down at her hands with a sad look.

Our drinks were set down on the table. She took a sip from her glass, but stayed silent.

"So," I started, trying to lighten the mood, "what about your family?"

"Well, I three older sisters, Lindsey, Cassie, and Rosie. My dad died when I was younger and my mom got remarried to a rich, greedy guy who doesn't like kids. His name is Lucas. Um, my sister Cassie has a boyfriend named Sam who is staying at our house because he got kicked out of his house."

I nodded. "Sounds nice."

"It isn't all the time." She cracked a small smile. I gave her one in return.

We both took a quick sip of our lemonade as we both tried to think of something to say. She set down her glass and something in the room started to buzz. Addie dug into her pocket and pulled out a phone. She scanned the screen and stood up.

"Sorry, I've got to go. My sisters need me," she stood up and pulled out her wallet to pay.

"No, it's fine. And you don't to pay; I've got it covered."

"Really? Thanks, Robbie. I'll stop by tomorrow, okay?"

I gave her a quick nod and a smile. She smiled back, waving good-bye as she walked out the door. I paid for both our drinks and left the little cafe.

I poofed home as soon as I was out of view of most people. When I reappeared back in my treehouse, Felix was sitting on the couch reading a book.

"You really need to get your own place." I told him.

Without looking away from his book he said, "I'm working on it. I just got a job so at the very least I can pay you rent to stay here."

I rolled my eyes. "Didn't Regina say you could stay with her?"

"Yeah," he sighed and put the book down, "but I can tell she's doesn't like the fact that I still act like a child. Even though she doesn't say it out loud, I can tell she's judging me."

"Adults," I scoff. He shrugged in response, picking up his book again.

I went to my room and noticed the time. It was already 6 and I'm tired. I hate when that happens.