2 | Arranged

I clutched my head as it pounded, like an infuriating drum beat that just wouldn't stop. Grumbling to myself about never drinking again, I sat up in bed bringing the sheets with me and I heard someone grunt next to me. Why is Sharrkan in my bed and half-naked at that? That's when I noticed I only had my undergarments on.

Thinking about it for a moment, it then slipped out of my mind when I noticed how well-toned Sharr's stomach was and how firm his chest looked.

I slid down in the bed and couldn't resist the urge to play with his white hair. I ran my fingers through it and traced my fingers down his cheeks until they reached his lips. They looked totally kissable right now.

Sharrkan's nose twitched, and he snorted a little as he felt the sensation of someone's fingertips on his face. It wasn't something he disliked, not in the slightest. "(y/n) stop, it tickles." He laughed and opened his green eyes.

Glancing at me, a little closer he realised that I was sat there in nothing but my bra, whilst my legs were covered by the silky, black sheets. He sat up and felt a slight chill, due to him not wearing a shirt.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw me cover my face with the sheets, hiding the blush that coated my (s/c) cheeks. He pried the sheets away from my still-blushing face and looked into my (e/c) with his sea-green ones.

"(y/n) nothing happened yesterday." His flirtatious air was gone, and it was replaced with a calmness that was quite rare for him. "We just got extremely drunk yesterday, and you started complaining how hot it was and started stripping. Then you said just looking at me made you even hotter and then you stripped me too. After that, we came to your room and collapsed on the bed." Sharrkan smiled sweetly at me.

"Oh, how embarrassing." I concealed my face once more.

Sharrkan chuckled lightly and then pulled me down, so my head was resting on his chest and his arm was around my waist.

The cute moment was interrupted when Ja'far barged into the room and stopped when he saw me and Sharrkan half-naked, cuddling on the bed.

"And what is going on in here?!" He stomped over to where we were and placed his hands on his hips, which to me just looked somewhat comical; Ja'far couldn't look intimidating to save his life. Then he recalled why he came into my bedroom in the first place. "Sinbad wants to see you. It's urgent."

Scowling, I got out of the bed and walked over to the wardrobe, still clutching the sheet to my chest. "Tell him I'll go to his office once I'm dressed." Opening the doors, I tried to find something to wear. "You may leave now too, Sharrkan."

Half an hour later, I knocked on Sinbad's office door. After I heard 'come in' I strode into the room and plopped myself down in the plush chair opposite his desk. Then came a knock at the door and Sharrkan was the one behind it. We both shared the same confused look as he sat in the chair next to mine.

Sinbad put down his quill-pen and lifted his face up. "Ja'far has informed me of what he found this morning and I thought I would ask the both of you what exactly was going on?" He trained his hardened golden eyes on Sharrkan. "Care to explain why you were in bed with my little sister?"

"Um well..." Sharrkan scratched the back of his head at a loss for words.

"What about you (y/n)?" I too couldn't find the words to say to my brother and just stared blankly at him. Sighing, Sinbad seemed to come to a decision, and that he was just going to forget it for now. "Let's just leave it for the moment. There are other important matters to discuss. It has been decided you are to be wed to one of Kou's princes as a peace treaty." He pulled some files out of his desk and placed it in front of me.

I knew that arranged marriages were something that could be used in this way, and it wasn't something that has bothered me; that was until it was something that was happening to me.

How could my brother just use me in this way? It was simply absurd. I stole a glance at Sharrkan and saw that he had a look that I had never seen on his perfect features before; he looked furious and there was a jealous glint in his eyes.

"I refuse!" I jumped out of my seat and slammed my hands on his desk. Angry (e/c) eyes met golden ones.

"(y/n) this is something that has already been decided."

"How dare you think that you can use me this way?!" Going over to the door, I turned back to him and growled, "screw your idea of peace." I stormed out and went out to the garden to cool off.

The garden was my favourite place to be; the scent of flowers and the chirping of birds always calmed me down. In the centre of the garden was a stone pavilion covered in vines and roses that grew up the sides, weaving here and there. Sitting down on the stone seat, I traced patterns with my fingers, hating my brother. Sure it was for the peace and happiness of the country I lived in, but my brother had underlying plans and he was just using me as a pawn. It's been like that since we were young.

Warm arms wound themselves around my waist and I leaned back against Sharrkan, seeking his comfort. "(y/n) you shouldn't storm out of there like that."

"I won't get married!"

"You must (y/n), it has already been decided and your brother just wants the best for you."

"Bullshit he just wants what's best for himself!" And then I whispered quietly, "and you're the one I love Sharrkan."

However, Sharrkan had heard what I said and hugged me tighter to him. "I love you too (y/n), but I can't go against what the king wants." Turning my face towards him, he placed a soft kiss on my lips. I stared lovingly into his glittering green eyes and before I could speak I felt myself being yanked harshly away from him.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Yelled the white-haired male as he tried to take the girl he loved from Kou's dark magi, Judar.

"I'm here to collect what belongs to Kou," came the smug reply.

"I'm not something you own, you know!" I said angrily, glaring at the male beside me.

In his office, Sinbad observed the events that were being played out below his window. A guilty look flashed across his face and left a second later as if it had never happened.

Smiling slightly, he looked at his younger sister and said, "I'm sorry (y/n), but this is the best for the kingdom."