5 | Back To You

It was now several days before our wedding, and as time went on my mood only worsened, the same for my health - mentally not physically. It was taxing on my mind to keep up appearances and pretend I was 100% happy about being within the Kou Palace's walls. Not that my life here was terrible, far from it in fact; Koumei treated me like the princess I indeed was.

But he wasn't the man I wanted nor needed.

Maybe if it wasn't for the white-haired male who filled my heart, I would've been content with being married to Koumei. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, and that was how I found myself confined to my bed.

My pallor only got paler, and Koumei was growing ever worried. Even his work as a strategist was being affected, as he would invest more time into taking care of me than being sat at his desk. He truly was sweet; it was a shame that he wasn't the guy I wanted to be here with right now.

And then a couple of days later there was news that my brother, Sinbad, had just arrived in Kou. And he was now making his way to the palace along with his generals. My mood slightly brightened at the thought of seeing Sharrkan again.

My personal maids helped me out of bed and dressed me in my best clothes. The dress was made of red velvet and hugged me in all the desirable places, bringing out my porcelain skin and enhancing my beauty.

I could see a blush on Koumei's face as he led me to where my brother and company were waiting.

A smile plastered my face and strained at the edges. My sickly pallor eased somewhat when my eyes met with Sharrkan's.

I could feel my heart making its way back to him.