7 | Not The One For You

[ • 3rd Person PoV • ]

A frightening expression came over the prince's face as he watched some other man take care of his fiancée. It was a look that rarely crossed Koumei's face, and here it was now making its appearance.

Sharrkan didn't notice though as he was too focused on making sure (y/n) was okay and was instructing others to carry her to the respective sleeping chambers - their sleeping chambers.

Koumei gritted his teeth and his pinkish eyes turned green with envy. That should be him there, not that Sharrkan. Why did he have to be one to support her? Plus, those were his men that Sharrkan was commanding.

He was just a general to the Sindrian's King. And Koumei was a prince, plus the greatest strategist in all of Kou.

But what was with this taste of defeat?

Over the months that (y/n) had been living in the Kou palace, Koumei had slowly fallen in love with her. This marriage was something he now yearned for with all of his heart; to make her his wife was now one of his earthly desires. Though this time he had lost, and the defeat crushed his chest, almost destroying his heart in the process.

He shut his eyes in deep thought and clenched his fists as he came to a decision.

Koumei was very intuitive. Her dwindling health hadn't slipped by him - he knew how much her being far from home and away from him had impacted her. With (y/n) being the girl he wanted more than anyone else, he couldn't bear to see her like that. He knew the one she really wanted wasn't him (Koumei).

He wasn't the one for her...

He was going to send (y/n) back to Sindria; for her health and for his mind to have peace.