8 | Sindria

[ • 3rd Person PoV • ]

Koumei didn't inform (y/n) of his decision and instead told her they were going to Sindria for some negotiations meetings, but of course (y/n) wasn't sure what exactly they would settle exactly. So as far as (y/n) was aware, she was going to Sindria with her fiancé, and that's why she allowed him to hold her hand.

He escorted her into the Sindrian palace, the one she had grown up in. Nothing had changed much in the few months she had been away, and a wave of nostalgia hit her; if she hadn't been holding Koumei's hand, she might've been knocked off of her feet.

They came to a stop outside of Sinbad's office, and they waited for Koumei to be allowed to enter. Koumei stepped over the threshold once Ja'Far opened the door, allowing him inside. He inwardly sighed and braced himself for what was to come and seeing Sharrkan in the room beside his king only reinforced his decision.

It was for the best... He kept chanting to himself, as he planted a gentle smile on his face.

"Welcome, prince Koumei." Sinbad rose from his chair and gestured to the one in front of his desk. "What can I help you with today?"

Ja'Far went to shut the door on (y/n), but she stopped it with her foot.

[ • (y/n) PoV • ]

"Ja'Far what are you doing?" I questioned with a crease between my brow. "Why can't a sister see her brother? Step aside." I adopted a princess-air and strolled into the room before Ja'Far could answer - a shocked expression showed on his face, who knew the princess could be so forceful?

Sinbad looked away from Koumei to look at me, his sister, who he hadn't seen in so long and said, "(y/n) we're going to discuss some important things, why don't you grab some tea on the terrace? We got your favourite kind."

At his words, it tempted me to just go and have some of that delicious tea, but the sight of Sharrkan was making it hard to leave. I sat down on the sofa that was off to the side and stubbornly replied, "I'm not going anywhere. I have a feeling these discussions are about me and shouldn't I be present for that?"

Sinbad ran a hand down his face and gave up. He knew that when I had set my mind on something it was hard to change it. "Fine, you can stay. However, you must stay there quietly." I rolled my eyes in response.

Must he always treat me like a kid? Sinbad and I were strikingly similar in appearance and the only thing that differed between us were our ages; with him being older by a couple of years.

Everything Sinbad could do, I could do too, but he never gave me the chance to prove that.

Sharrkan silently moved closer to my side, trying not to get Sinbad's attention - who probably had noticed but ignored it. He leaned down, so his shoulder was barely brushing my own, and whispered in my ear:

"Welcome home to Sindria ~" and he flashed me a smile, warming my cheeks and my heart.