Chapter 9: Puppet

Sakura glared at the leader and looked at the trio, only to see them being held in place. "F**k you." Sakura hissed. The leader grabbed a pocket knife and aimed it at Sakura. "SAKURA!" The three shouted, trying to break free. With that, Sakura shut her eyes, awaiting for the pain.

Sakura opened her eyes, only to see a red head holding the leader in place. "Tch. It's you again." The red head said in annoyance. "Sasori." Kisame said, grinning, still being kept in place.

"So it is you." Sakura said, smiling, making Sasori look at her. His eyes widened as he recognized her immediately with her pink hair. "Sakura." He said. He turned back to the leader and glared at him. "You dare mess with my cousin?" He asked in a deadly tone.

"C-cousin?" The leader said, shivering under Sasori's grip. "I-I didn't know! I-I swear!" The leader stuttered. "Tch. Now screw." Sasori said freeing him. The leader signalled his men and ran away. Sakura brushed off the dust on her clothes and grinned at Sasori. "So, you do know each other." Kisame said, grinning.

"Of course we do. We are cousins." Sasori said. "By the way, what are you doing with the Uchihas?" Sasori asked, eyeing Sakura. "I'm Sasuke's secretary." With this, Sasori's eyes widened. 'What is Mikoto-san and Fugaku-san planning to do with my cousin?' He thought to himself. "Where are you going to take my cousin late at night, Uchiha?" Sasori said, glaring at Sasuke. "Hn." Sasuke said, ignoring his glare. "Erm...actually we were going to visit you." Kisame said, grinning awkwardly.

"Oh? And you put my dear cousin in danger ehh?" Sasori said, shadow covering his eyes as he cracks his fingers. Kisame shivered in fear and hid behind Itachi. "Hwelp." He muttered.

"The incident was unexpected. But I assure you, my little brother will keep your cousin safe." Itachi said. Sasori eyed Itachi and nodded. "Let's just go before anything else happens." He said, turning around.

A few minutes of walking later they reached Sasori's mansion. Sakura looked around and saw displays of weapon-filled and poison-filled puppets in glass containers. "Still addicted to dolls?" Sakura asked raising an eyebrow. "They're not dolls, they're puppets." Sasori said, pouting a little.

They sat in the living and drank tea. "So what made you want to visit me?" Sasori asked, taking a sip on his tea. "Sasuke proposed to Sakura." Kisame said, making Sasori spit out his tea. Sasuke and Sakura gave Kisame a you're-so-dead-later-glare.

Sasori looked at Sakura with wide, unbelieving eyes. "Is that true?" He asked. "Hell, no!" Sakura and Sasuke said at the same time. Sasori turned to glare at Kisame for lying. Kisame held his hands in a surrendering position. "Sorry! I just wanna see your reaction!" Kisame said.

"You wanna become a puppet?" Sasori said, grabbing his tools underneath the sofa, making Itachi smirk. "I'm so sorry!" Kisame shouted, hiding behind Sakura. "Yo, danna, what's with all the commotion about, un?" A voice suddenly asked, making everyone look at the door.

"Deidei!" Sakura exclaimed, making Deidara look at her. His face beamed with happiness when he saw her. "Saku, un!" But soon his eyes laid on the close-eyed Itachi. "Uchiha, un." He said, his voice full of hatred. "Hn." Itachi said.

Sakura leaned to Sasori and whispered. "Are they in bad terms?" She asked. "Actually Itachi decided Deidara's fate with a bet." Sasori whispered back. "Huh?" Sakura asked in confusion. Sasori simply patted her head and said "It's something only Kisame, brat, Itachi and I should know." Sakura nodded her head, understanding what Sasori said.

She looked back at the two only to see them being held off by Sasuke and Kisame. "Oi oi oi, Deidara, cool yourself off!" Kisame exclaimed as he held Deidara. "Tch." Deidara said, shrugging Kisame off.

"I'll be in my room, un." Deidara said, walking away but stopping abruptly. "By the way, leader said to meet up in ame, un. Take care Saku, un." He said, walking away. 'Leader?' Sakura thought.

"We'll get going." Itachi said, standing from his seat. "Sorry for the trouble, Sasori." Sakura said, waving her hand as they walked out. 'What leader is Deidei talking about? What organization did my cousin join?' Sakura asked herself, looking back at the mansion.

To Be Continued...