Chapter 14: A Simple Lie

Itachi sighed and got all the papers from Sakura, the stack rested on Itachi's shoulder. "Th-thank you." Sakura said, looking up at Itachi. "Hn." Itachi said as they started walking towards the elevator. Sakura pushed the button for Itachi.  A few minutes later, the duo entered Itachi's car and drove off towards Sasuke's house.

The duo got off the car and walked towards Sasuke's house. Itachi took a key hidden under the pot beside the door and used it to unlock the door.  "Ladies first." Itachi said, stepping aside letting Sakura in. Sakura laughed and said "Why thank you, my good man."

"Who's there?" A weak voice said. Both Itachi and Sakura looked at where it came from and saw Sasuke using the wall for support. "Sasuke, what are you doing out of bed?!" Sakura asked, glaring at Sasuke. "Why are you here?" Sasuke said, glaring at them, particularly Itachi.

"I'm your brother. I still care about you even after what happened." Itachi said, helping Sasuke. "Tch. I don't care about you!" Sasuke said, brushing Itachi off, causing Sasuke to fall. "Leave me be." Sasuke said, turning around as he tried to climb up the stairs.

"I'll tell you what happened later, 'tachi. I think you should leave." Sakura whispered as she went to the kitchen. "Hn." Itachi said, taking his leave.

Sasuke lied down on his bed, panting. Sasuke evetually fell asleep a few minutes later. Sakura entered Sasuke's room with a bowl of cold water and a towel at hand. She dipped the towel in the water and squeezed the excess water and put it on Sasuke's forehead.

Sakura stood up and returned to the kitchen. She made tomato soup along with orange juice and returned to Sasuke's room. "Sasuke. Sasuke." Sakura shook him awake. Sasuke groaned and turned his back on Sakura.

"Uchiha Sasuke, I'm going to call Mikoto-san if you don't get up right now." Sakura said sternly. Sasuke stiffened and sat up faster than lightning. "Eat up, Boss." Sakura said, handing Sasuke the tomato soup and the orange juice.

Sasuke groaned and consumed everything and layed back down. "You know, Sasuke. Itachi only cared for you." Sakura said. "Hn." Sasuke said. "You don't know anything." Sasuke continued. "You're right. I don't know anything about what you are going through. But just because Itachi did something you didn't like doesn't mean he doesn't care for you. He's still your brother, you know."

"Get out and stop meddling with my life. You're merely my assistant in the office." Sasuke said coldly. Sakura stood up and walked towards the door. "If you don't stop being how you are now, you won't be any better in the future." Sakura said before getting out. "Hn." Sasuke answered.

"That arrogant bastard." Sakura murmured under her breath as she walked out from Sasuke's house. "It's still too early. Might as well go back to the park." Sakura said, walking towards the park.

A few minutes later, Sakura arrived at the park only to see Itachi sitting on one of the swings. Sakura silently approached Itachi. "May I join you?" She asked, making Itachi look at her. Itachi nodded. Sakura sat beside him and said "So, what brought you here?"

"I come here when I need to do some thinking. You?" Itachi asked, monotonously. "Same." Sakura said, smiling. There was an awkward silence between the two, until Itachi broke it. "Do you know why my brother hates me so much?" Itachi asked.

"I want to know why. But if you're uncomfortable about it then it's best if we don't talk about it." Sakura said, smiling at Itachi. Itachi looked down and smiled to himself. "Hn. You're such a caring person. But I think it's time to tell you." Itachi said. "I'm listening." Sakura answered.

"Sasuke had a girlfriend about three years ago. They were together for more than a year. One day, his girlfriend suddenly broke up with him. All Sasuke could do was stare at her. Then she explained why." Itachi paused, gripping the chains of the swing tightly.

"She told Sasuke that I payed her to be Sasuke's girlfriend. She told him that I did that because I wanted to see if Sasuke would fall for someone. With that, she left without a single trace. Sasuke was left heartbroken." Itachi said.

"I can't really blame Sasuke for hating me. But what I can't accept is that he believed a lie rather than his own brother." Itachi said, unconsciously making his hand bleed from the chains. Sakura took a hold of Itachi's hand and aided it.

"I'll set things right between you and him, Itachi. I promise." Sakura said, giving Itachi a bright smile. Itachi smiled back at her and stood up. "It's getting late. I'll drive you back to your house." Itachi said, offering Sakura a hand. "Thank you." Sakura said, smiling as she took his hand.

To Be Continued...