Chapter 24: Slave Driver

Three days after, everything returned to normal. Sakura walked in the office and saw a green haired woman sitting on Sasuke's chair. "Aren't you going to say good morning to your new boss?" She asked, smirking. "What?" Sakura deadpanned.

"I'm your new boss. The Inori family bought the Uchiha corp." The woman said, grinning. Sakura walked out of the office without uttering another word and into Itachi's supposedly office. "Ita--" Sakura was cut off when she saw a different man sitting on Itachi's desk. She turned to her side and saw Kisame typing things in his desktop. "Sakura?" Kisame asked with wide eyes.

Sakura gritted her teeth and went to Fugaku's supposedly office. "Fugaku-san." Sakura said entering his office. She walked back into Sasuke's office when she saw another person in Fugaku's. She sat on her desk and started typing like nothing happened. "I want you to finish these documents. Oh and you're only allowed to leave when you finish everything." The woman said, handing Sakura 6 high stacks of paperworks. The woman went out of her office with her purse at hand, saying that she'll go shopping or something. Sakura sighed and continued typing.

The day ended slowly. Sakura yawned as she started working on the last stack. She looked at the clock and groaned. "11 pm. Just what time am I going to finish this thing?" She asked herself. Half an hour later, she finished everything and got up. She didn't bother eating when she got home, sleep consumed her when she lied down on the bed.

The week went by with Sakura going home later day by day. Sakura was handed another 6 stacks of paperworks. The woman went out again, leaving Sakura and the paperworks alone. Sakura sighed as she finished halfway and took a little nap on her desk. She woke up when she felt her hair being pulled roughly. "Who gave you the right to sleep on the job?!" The woman shouted. Sakura was about to fight back but she fell on her knees. 'No good, my head is spinning intensely.' She thought, gasping as the woman kicked her side. The woman pulled back a hand, ready to slap Sakura. Her eyes widen when she felt a strong hand grip her wrist, just a few inches away from Sakura's cheek. "That's enough." A cold monotonous voice said.

"Get out. We don't accept moss heads in our company." Sasuke monotonously said, venom dripping in his words. The woman pulled her hand back, glaring at Sasuke. "Your company? My family bought this company from your family!" She exclaimed. "Yeah, but my family bought it back. Now get out. Moss heads are prohibited in the company." Sasuke said monotonously as the woman stormed out of the office.

Sasuke turned to Sakura and saw her breathing deeply. "Sakura, you're burning up." Sasuke said, carrying Sakura bridal style. "I'll take you home." He said. A few minutes later, they arrived at Sakura's house. Sasuke layed Sakura on her bed, put a blanket on her and walked towards the kitchen. He returned with a baisin of cold water and a towel, only to find a sleeping Sakura. "Rest easy now, Sakura. We're back." Sasuke said, smiling a little as he put the wet towel on her forehead.

The following day...

"So, who were those people from yesterday?" Sakura asked as they entered the office. "Let's just say that those were the company's babysitter." Sasuke said. "But why did she say that they bought the company?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow. "Dad payed them, so she must've thought her family bought the company." Sasuke monotonously said.

"What's with all the noise?" Sasuke asked, nerve popping on his forehead as he walked out the office and saw Kisame, running around with boxes at hand. "Oi, Kisame!" Sasuke shouted, twitching. "Sorry, Sasuke, we're getting ready for the ball tomorrow." Kisame said, running around. Sasuke and Sakura flinched upon hearing the word ball. 'Crap, I forgot about that! And it's tomorrow!' They both thought.

To Be Continued...