Chapter 18: Will

A/N: sorry I haven't been updating lately. Been having a major writers block. Well anyways, here I am, hope u guys continue to read em. Thank you! Love u guys so much!! ❤️❤️❤️

Ender's POV

Ethani and the rest of us have been waiting for something from the Numberk. There was nothing, not a single sound, or signal. It was tearing me into pieces knowing that she was not here beside me. I didn't protect her again, it was already a second mistake. Then there was a bright orb appearing in a distance.

Everyone noticed it and we cautiously tried to make out what it was. I tried by all means not to fall over when a voice came into my head.

Ender, i'm fine. There is nothing to worry about. I'm at a nearby planet, you see a golden orb? Follow it and it will lead you to me. It's best if you came alone, I wouldn't want to worry the rest.

I was shocked, though no one noticed me. I was hesitating, was this really her? How was she able to communicate to me via telepathy? Unless.

I looked at Ethani who seemed to have figured it out. He nodded at me as we both went to grab our things.

"I'll be back. If i'm not back by 1 hour, follow that golden orb."

"Sir yes sir!" Everyone boomed with a serious face.

I looked at everyone, we lost so many soldiers, there were only about 10 of us left. I looked at Petra, as she gave me a stern nod as if she knew what I was doing. I nodded at her back, going into the other small ship.

"Ethani we need to be careful around this guy right? How do we take him down?"

"You can use that machine! The machine that you had on full power directly on him. I think it's enough to eliminate him."

"But if his inside of Eliza, won't it mean that we have to hit her? I won't let that happen you know it."

Ethani looked down, as if there was no other way but that to defeat him thoroughly.

I slammed the desk out of frustration, there has to be a way.

"There's no other way Ender, unless Eliza forces him out of her." We reached the planet safely, now we had to really face him, one on one.

Behind a huge boulder, I saw a slim figure, which was the most familiar person to me. When she turned towards our direction, her eyes weren't the normal chocolate ones, there were of ice, cold and dark. I walked nearer to her, tying not to seem like I know what he was planning.

"Eliza? Are you alright?"

"Yes i'm fine." She looked neutral as she turned towards me, we were so close to each other. I couldn't bear it anymore, Numberk or not, it was still my love. My dear Eliza.

I hugged her tightly, in the hopes of her, the real her to notice that we were here to save her. She didn't hug me back, but I could feel something in her trying to resist. 

I let her go and looked daringly into her cold blue ones.

"Why are you here? How come you went without me or at least telling others where you've been?" I asked her.

Her eyes were quivering, it was fading from chocolate to blue back and forth. Then when her eyes turned chocolate, she breathed in huge breaths of air, grabbing onto my arms.

"Ender why did you come you shouldn't have came he-he's g-going to end y-you." Her voice pained me, it was all rough and crusty. Her tears were flowing down her rosy cheeks even then she still looked beautiful.

"I know, I know, I just can't bear to lose you again."

Then her eyes turned blue again, this time even with tears in her eyes, she snickered at me. She pushed me away, as I tried to get to her again.

"Eliza you have to fight back, you have to force him out of you!"

"She's not here you fool!" She grinned evilly.

"Please, let her go, what you want is me, not her."

"See that's the funny thing, seeing her hurt is what hurts you the most. Didn't you think I would feel that way when you destroyed my friends!" She shouted at me.

I knew I had no choice but to fight her in order to get close to her.

"I'll make you listen then."

I charged forward towards her careful not to injure her. She fought me back, hitting me on the rib. The pain was unimaginable, Ethani tried to distract her away from me for a while.

"You are a disgrace as a Numberk. You're a useless leader who can't see anything but greed." He busted a green wave straight at her, causing her to fly back, hitting a rock. Her mask was broken and I knew she was struggling to breathe. I got up quickly, trying one last time to get her out of this.

I caught her before her head fell. Taking a deep breath, I opened my mask and placed my lips on her shaky ones. She breathed in, opening her chocolate eyes directly at me.

"Push him out of you." I spoke through her mind as she nodded.

Before the stream of brown that was swirling out of her turned into a figure, we both held our breath as Ethani teleported us back to the ship.

"NOW PETRA!"

A white platinum light hits the Numberk as it covered every inch of it, breaking, perishing it into the universe.

"He's gone! There's no trace of him left." All of us clasped and celebrated but Eliza was still in my arms. I hugged her tightly, never wanting to let these arms go.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left. It was all my fault." She started to cry but I coped her down just like a baby.

"It's okay, everything's fine now."

Ethani looked at us sadly, feeling as if he was the main source of what just happened.

"It's not you fault Ethani. You helped us, for that we thank you very much."

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

"I'm in a bloody mess aren't I?" Eliza asked the obvious while I only raised an eyebrow to answer her.

"I love you."

"I love you. Thank you, for saving me."

"I guess we're even now," I said and she only gave me a confused look.

"You saved me in the past, now i've saved you. Though I really appreciate it if you don't get into anymore trouble."

She giggled my favourite laughter as we went to get cleaned up.