Chapter 6: Catch Me

Eliza's POV

It was dark, everything was very cold, I was scared. Where I woke up, it was all frozen and no one was there. I slowly tried to get up and pushed the metal door that was my shield. My hands and knees were scraped by the sharp edges of the ice.

Bodies were frozen still around me, I felt as though I was the only one who had survived. The air was very faint, I tried to go to the emergency exit to see if there was any oxygen packs.

"Please, help me..." I heard a faint cry.

"Colonel Graff?" I turned to see that his leg was snapped in between the block of iced machine. I tried to push it off but it was too heavy for only one person to do it. I used the pole that I managed to find and only barely managed to lift it up.

"Hold on, i'll try to find if there's any survivors to help me. I can't do it alone." I left hurriedly to find anyone else who was still alive.

I heard a few frantic hangings from the ground door.

"Bean? Alai? You guys?" I turned the wheel and they sprung out for air.

"Oh my god you guys are alive, i'm so glad..." We hugged each other, and went back to help Colonel Graff.

"Why should we even help him, he caused all of this to happen." Dink said but I just had to disagree, I'm sure Ender would've done the same.

"No, no matter what evil people has done, there's always a way to make things better again. I'm sure he regrets his actions." looking at him who was grunting at the pain, red was spilling all over the blue ice, possibly numbing him.

"Come on," Dink and the other boys came over and helped him while I went to the control room.

Nothing was accessible at all, looks like we're trapped here for a while. I then went to go through the wreck to see if there was any safer place to take cover. Turns out some of the commander's room was still accessible and I looked out the window to see nothing at all, just the plain old Earth, staring back at me.

I don't think they would've went to attack Earth after this right. Where is Ender, is he okay, I shut myself from thinking the worst that could happen to him. I regret the day I left him there, without even being able to say what I thought. Calling everyone into the room, I continued staring at the window, there has to be a way to find help, there must be some of them that are still there. Ender might be still out there, like he asked for help the other time. Then it hit me, the smoke traveller. I could try to make it and send it to every nearby planet to see if anyone was there.

I ran to the library, careful of my steps, then I heard a few noises. Taking a small peak by the wall, I gasp as I saw two Numberk, scraping through all the place, making it into a big mess. One of them threw a book which fell a few feet before me.

The book!

I anxiously try to stretch as far as i could to it, but yanked myself behind the wall when one of it turned its head. Looking back again, I was relieved they went back to their rampaging of the place. I took the book quickly, almost leaving my heart behind. Running back to the dorm, I started on making a red bomb, immediately sending it to the neighbouring planets, if there was one that came back, it means Ender is out there somewhere.

We waited anxiously, for a reply, a sound, something. At the corner of my eye, I saw something glowing that was coming towards us. The flame was just like a spacecraft's. It hit me like a gigantic wave, we had to take cover, it was a comet.

"GUYS WE NEED TO TAKE COVER NOW, THERES A COMET COMING STRAIGHT AT US!" We ran and I was the lasts person to see that everyone has gotten to safety. Just as I turned, I was too late, the light was already burning my eyesight. All I could still think of was whether Ender was safe.