Chapter 14: Return

Eliza's POV

"That's impossible, with this kind of environment?" Bean said.

"No, it's a sign, he's here, somewhere I can feel it."

"Eliza," he held me back, giving me the look of sadness.

"No! He must be somewhere out here."

"Eliza, you're just thinking about it. But if it is life that you see there, let's go and find out."

I did see the light, the light that he taught me before I met him.

We walked further into the cave and used out torch to shine because it was pitch black in there. Suddenly we heard a noise.

"Ender?" I called out, fearing of something else if it was not him.

"Ender is that you?"

I felt an arm pulling me and covering my mouth from shouting out loud. Strangely I didn't shout, in fact these hands were familiar. Gently, the hands slowly removed itself and I felt my back against his. The sound of his breathing, the touch of his skin, it has to be him.

"Ender,"

"Shh, there's an alien further in the cave and you wouldn't want to get it to wake up."

I couldn't contain my tears any longer and broke down. It was hard to turn without making a sound but I managed. I felt his body right against mine. There was no space in between us, just us both. Bean was somewhere near, I know he heard us.

I couldn't see Ender's face, but I placed my hands to feel him. It really was him.

"It's really you..." I sobbed, hugging onto him tightly.

"Ow, Eliza, I think you're kind of breaking me."

"You don't know what I went through without you..."

"Me too Eliza, i'm sorry."

"Don't you ever leave me behind again. "

"I won't, I promise you. But I think we should get out of here first."

We slowly and cautiously got out of the darkness and somewhere nearer to the opening, where I could finally see his face.

"Ender..."

"I can't believe it.."

If it wasn't for this suit, I would've have kissed him by now. He seemed to be thinking the same thing as he smiled at me.

"Bean. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine just glad that you're back man. things weren't the same without you." They hugged each other before my wrist device started ringing.

"You'll never believe who we found." I mentioned excitedly as I turned the device to Ender.

"OH MY GOD ENDER! It's Ender!" Everyone cheered and came over to see Ender.

"Alright, we'll be coming over soon to grab the three of you. The aliens left to another planet and I don't think they'll be coming back soon. Stay safe until then!" Petra replied excitedly.

We never let go of our hands, waiting for our friends to pick us up. Everything was going to be fine now that Ender was back.

"They're here! Come on let's go!" I grinned from ear to ear, to finally have him back to me.

Everyone came straight to Ender and hugged him. They couldn't believe that Ender had just survived the Black Hole.

"It wasn't a black hole. It was some kind of environment where it teleports things around. I ended up there because the alien could protect me from whatever that was outside. I couldn't contact anyone because it was out of reach. So I just stayed there, hoping that someone will be there. True enough, both of you came, though what were u guys doing outside or even that far?"

"We were being chased by some other group of aliens. They looked very much like the Formics though."

Ender shifted uncomfortably, I squeezed his hands to encourage him to say whatever that he was going to say.

"The thing is... There's something I didn't tell you guys."

Everyone was attentive to him by then.

"Before I came here, I saved the Formics. I had the last queen and I did lived with them for a while before leaving to go back to command school. That was a high chance that it was the Formics that you just saw. But they didn't attack or harm you guys did they?"

"No,"

"They led us to you." Bean mentioned and I realised that it was true. We ended up there because they blocked our other paths.

"They are really gentle aliens. I'm sorry for doing this behind all your backs." He looked straight at me but I smile shook my head and smiled.

"We would've done the same if we saw them the same way as you did."

"We still need to resolve the Numberks but I think everyone deserves some rest for a while."

I pulled Ender and finally gave him a long desperate kiss. We were breathing heavily when we broke apart, our foreheads touching each other.

"I missed you so much, it was torturous living when we thought you were gone. It was painful..."

"I'm sorry, I know, I felt so empty as if I really lost my life when I thought I couldn't see you again." Ender held my face in his warm hands.

He pulled in for another kiss but this time it was filled with endless love and tender care. I wrapped my hands around his neck and into his hair.

We laid down as he continued kissing me and devouring me. Ender sucked on my neck, leaving marks to tell the whole universe that I was his. We were away from each other for too long. I felt him and he felt me, it was definitely a night of pure bliss as we made love throughout the night.

When the sun hit through the window, I opened my eyes to a beautifully rested Ender. I smiled as I gave a peck on his nose. Our bodies were still intertwined to each other. I could feel the warmth radiating from him as I caress his face. I continued smiling like an idiot, as I watched him flutter his eyes open like a baby.

"Morning."

"Morning." He smiled dashingly making me fall in love with him all over again.

Without a warning he turned me over and he was on top of me again.

"Again? In the morning?"

He laughed and kissed me longingly. I moaned against his lustful kisses and cursed when he pulled away.

"Nope. I think you're too tired from last night."

"What, who would ever get tired of you..." I pulled him to another kiss with my hands.

"We gotta get up before the rest look for us."

"I'm sure they knew what was coming." I winked as we painfully peel away from each other.