I Know You Better

America sat alone in the small building, sipping his coffee and waiting for someone to walk angrily through the door. He knew it was coming, he just had to be patient. The blond sipped his coffee again, and looked down at his shoes, covered in mud. America had spent all weekend working outside, trying to distract himself, but nothing worked. The American had gone to bed each night sore, exhausted and alone. 

After an hour or two of America sitting in the dimly lit shed, the door opened and in stomped a small blond man. His green eyes glowed in the dim light, like a cat. America stood, and the small man widened his eyes. "W-What are yuo doing here?" England stuttered, his nerves frayed. "I was lonely, and figured you'd show up here sooner or later." America shrugged, looking down at his shoes again. England chuckled and grabbed some tea off a shelf. "Thank you again." He said, glancing at the American quickly. "For?" America asked, sitting back down.

England smiled lightly and turned to his old friend. "Everything." He stated, startling America. "I just realized earlier today that you were always there for me, even when I thought I was there for you, but in all reality, you were helping me this whole time. Even when you were a kid..." England slowed down to breath. America was stunned. "England I..." He couldn't think of what to say. "France kissed me." England blurted out. America stopped, shocked.

"What does that have to do.... What?!" He shuddered. "Yeah... I-it just kinda happened, and I didn't know what to do, and I kinda liked it, but I mean I didn't..." England sat down heavily with the un-brewed tea in hand. 

"I know you better thn him Iggy. You're not okay." America put a hand on England's shoulder. The Brit's eyes softened at the use of his nickname. "England... I love you." America looked into his best friend's eyes, and spoke softly. England's heart melted. He had no idea how much he wanted to hear those words from someone, and how badly he had wanted that someone to be the loud, crazy, caring, cute American. 

There was no kiss, no heart felt talking, just relaxing with their hot drinks, and hearts pounding. England left later than he had planned, and didn't care.