Chapter 4

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey meet at highrock for a clan meeting." Shiverstar leaped up onto the huge rock, while cats poured out of their dens.

Mistywing lead her soon to be apprentices also, walking proudly. She went to sit next to her mate, Fallenflight. The four kits scrambled to the front of the highrock.

Once the murmurs died down, Shiverstar had begun to speak, "It has been 6 moons since Mistywing had had her kits, and it is about time to give them their apprentice names."

She smiled, looking down at the light brown kit, "Eaglekit, from this day until you get your warrior name, you will be known as Eaglepaw. Your mentor will be LightHeart."

A huge, light yellow tom walked over to Eaglepaw and they stared at each other smiling. "Share your strength and courage with Eaglepaw. I know you will do well." She smiled.

"Yes. Thank you Shiverstar." Lightheart bowed his head and then reached down to touch noses with Autumnpaw.

"Next!" The white she-cat meowed, "Littlekit, please step forward."

Littlekit quickly stepped forward, eager to find out who will be mentoring her.

"You will be known as Littlepaw." Shiverstar looked around to look for a calm cat. "And your mentor will be Rabbitfoot."

A small, white she-cat with dark gray spots walked proudly over to Littlepaw, purring.

"Rabbitfoot, teach Littlepaw everything that Fernstripe taught you."

Rabbitfoot nodded her head and touched noises with Littlepaw.

"Ah! Minnowkit!" CrystalStar smiled. She already knew who she was going to be mentored by. "You will now be known as Minnowpaw!"

Minnowpaw smiled proudly, he liked his new name!
"You will be mentored by my deputy, Midnightcall." Shiverstar smiled, looking over at the black she-cat standing next to her.

Taken by surprise, Minnowpaw watched as the large deputy trotted over to him.

"Midnightcall. Share some of your amazing fighting skills and amazing loyalty to Minnowpaw."

Midnightcall purred, "yes. I will." Then she went down and touched noses with her new apprentice.

Shiverstar began to feel anxious, but she kept her voice clear, "now. We have one more kit who is going to earn an apprentice name."

There were confused murmurs of cats in the crowd. Whitekit began to feel anxious as well.

Shiverstar sighed, "Yes. Now. Whitekit. Will you please step forward."

Whitekit gulped, carefully taking a step forward. "From now on, you will be known as Whitepaw." Shiverstar smiled and looked down at the new apprentice.

Shiverstar jumped down from the highrock to stand next to Whitepaw. "I will be your mentor."

Then the two touched noises as the cats in the crowd began to grow even more confused.

Eaglepaw, Littlepaw, and Minnowpaw all looked at each other awkwardly. For the past couple moons, they began to stop playing and even talking to Whitepaw. She was too boring and was too weak. The three started to get annoyed, the cats weren't even cheering for them.
Eaglepaw sighed, "Whitepaw always ruins everything..." The two other apprentices nodded there heads angrily.

Shiverstar looked at the clan cats, "the only reason that I am allowing Whitepaw to become an apprentice, is because of her dream. She won't give up even if she can't see. I am going to watch and see how she does, and maybe, just maybe, she can become a warrior."

There was a wave of head nods from the cats as they all began to get up and go back to whatever they were doing. 

After the cats left, Lightheart walked over to his new apprentice. "How about you and your siblings go to the apprentice den?" He smiled while looking down at Eaglepaw.

Eaglepaw smiled, "Sure!" Then he walked off to go find Littlepaw and Minnowpaw. Completely forgetting about Whitepaw.

Once he found them, they ran off to the den and when they entered, Whitepaw had already chosen her nest and was laying on it.

She finally got to be a normal clan cat.