CHPTR 1 - THE ENCOUNTER

"Miss, President want to see you now". As I get in the car and my eyes get wider as I hear that my grandfather want to meet me. "What is the problem now?" I ask the driver. Since I was a toddler, I never met my grandfather for fun or unofficial matter. When we meet, there must be something serious happening. The car parked at my grandfather's favourite restaurant. Quickly, I fix my hair and apply some lip balm. My grandfather hates me for being messy.

I approached the main door and two bodyguard escort me side to side head to VIP's room. The waiter waited me in front of the door with a smile. He compliment my style today. Well, at least that makes me better. I'm so nervous every time I've to meet my grandfather. The waiter opened the door and I saw my grandfather sitting there with his breakfast, welcoming me.

"Hello Victoria, have a sit honey" says my grandfather.

"Hello Grandpa, how are you?" I answered before I bowed to him and take my sit.

"I'm good, how about you? How is your day today? Did something interesting happen?" ask grandfather "I've been longing to meet you honey. But you must understand my schedule, don't you honey?"

"Ah.. ah... yes, it good to hear you are good. I'm healthy as always. Nothing much happen. Just sometime I met with crazy customer and things get hard. Yeah that's all." I stuttered. At first, our conversation was only a light converse. Suddenly, he stop eating and the situation just uncomfortable.

"Vic honey, do you know my age?" he ask. "85, right?" I said with a smile. He smiled back. "Yes honey, I'm old enough to handle the company" he grins. "So I've been thinking these days about passing you my position and let you handle the company. Now is your time." Suddenly my mind gone blank. Seriously, I want to beg him to give time for me to considerate his wish, but I've never disobeyed him. He organize everything for me up till now. But this, this is my future. I'm too young to handle a big company.

So, for the first time I get up from my sit and say this filthy thing "I have my own life" throwing my napkin on my tomato soup and went straight outside without glancing back. I saw my grandfather astonished from what I'd say. My tears flow out as soon I stepped out from that restaurant. I saw Hyeon, my personal bodyguard waiting for me in a car. I get in the car without hesitation and cry on Hyeon's shoulder.

Hyeon hug me and comfort me while wipe my tears away. In this big world, Hyeon is the only friend I have. We've been together as friend since high school. I share everything with him. But still, we have a wall between us. Hyeon keep insisting that he is only my bodyguard, but he is a brother to me. He always there when I'm not in my best state. He know how to make me happy in a split second. He bought me my favourite chocolate ice cream just to comfort me without asking me any question as we heading to my house.

That night, I told Hyeon what was actually happen at the restaurant. "Now I feel like a total loser and I bet Grandpa must be disappointed in me." I cried. Hyeon does not say much but he told me to think it through and judge my own action. He also told me to ask an apology from my grandfather as soon as possible. "If you don't want to accept his offer you can just tell him nicely." Said Hyeon. That night I'm thinking over Hyeon's word and decided to meet my grandfather after work tomorrow. That night, once again, I've experience the same dream.

****************************

"Welcome to Paradise Café, can I take your order miss?"

"Give me 2 iced Americano please." As soon I gave vibrator to the customer, my co-worker, Ye Won started making two iced Americano. "Eonni, do you free this evening? Can you help me with something?" asked Ye Won while blinking her eyes, fast. "What?" I smiled while calling the previous customer for her drink. "Eonni... can you company me to a fan meeting? Please Eonni. My brother can't join me because he has to attend his friend wedding." Cried Ye Won. I passed the receipt and two iced Americano to the customer.

"Fan meeting? Why would I get involved in your k-idol life? Who is it by the way?" I grin as I saw Ye Won pouting her lips, sulking. "Okay, okay. I will, but you need to work diligently in the future!" I replied. Ye Won is smiling widely and hug me tightly. I could barely breathe. "Thank you so much. I love you Eonni. It's not a new group but today is their maknae birthday. They going to celebrate with a fan meeting. I'm so excited!" says Ye Won while jumping around happily.

***

It was so crowded here in a park. The fans of a boy band group keep coming. In a split second, the park was dominated by the fans. Suddenly, I feel like my urinary bladder is going to burst any minutes. I had to left Ye Won with her other fan friends to search for public toilet. I was walking toward the toilet suddenly I bumped into a handsome looking man. I fell on the dirt. The man helps me get up and continuously say sorry. I'm so embarrassed so I ran quickly inside the toilet while covering my face.

After finish my business, I watch myself in the mirror. My elbow and my jeans all covered in dirt. As for my face, my cheeks and nose were all dirty because I covered my face with dirty hands. All the girls around me started to glance me a weird look. I feel so embarrass and quickly wash my face. "Eonni!!!! Here you are. I've been searching for. Oh my, what happen to you? Why are covered in mud?" says Ye Won while wiping the dirt off my jeans. "Why are you here? Is the meeting over?" I ask her. "Oh yes, Hyeon oppa called you and says something had happen and he need to fetch you as soon as possible. I say you went to the ladies and left your bag with me. Since something urgent happen I think I need to find you to give your bag." Explain Ye Won.

After bid farewell to Ye Won, I get in the car where Hyeon was waiting. "What happen? Are you okay?" I ask Hyeon caringly. "I'm okay, thanks for your consider but Mr President was admitted to the hospital again because of light heart attack. We are going to visit him." Says Hyeon as he start the engine and drive. "By the way, did you get into fight with someone? Why were you covered in mud?" ask Hyeon. "I bumped with someone earlier and fell on the dirt."I replied while worrying about my grandfather.

We head toward my grandfather's room in the hospital. I don't care about my muddy appearance. As we walk into the room, all I can see was my grandfather lying on the bed, an unknown woman and an elderly sitting beside my grandfather's bed. "Well, look who is here with a dirty appearance. Come dad, we have to get out of here before my eyes get blurred with this filthy scene." says the woman rudely. I was so blank myself. Who is this woman? Why is she so rude? What is her relationship with Grandpa? She throw her cigarette next to me and whisper "You should burnt" to my ear. Hyeon stepped on the cigarette and sent her out with manners.