Hopes and Games

I keep walking. I refuse to let the words of that poisonous snake get to me, and I'm too exhausted to even think about what he could have meant. I'm not badly injured, but I still limp heavily when I'm walking. I stop every now and then to rest a little, but I stay off the main road to avoid any chance of being seen by Nate or by any policeman. I'm really not in the mood to be questioned. I'm irritable, and when I'm irritable I can get really explosive. But I still have a long way home.

I can't seem to think properly as I'm walking and walking. I can picture my home in my mind, a white two-story house. It's not huge, but there's always some extra space in some extra rooms; yet not in mine. My room is always messy but in an inspiring decor. The wall facing my bed is painted a blood red but it's hardly visible because of all the stuff hanging there. Everything else is either white or golden. The table lamp to the right of my bed glows a pale creamy light and sends it to every corner. A tall painting is hanging just above my bed: a handsome phoenix bursting into flames is perfectly drawn and reflects all the colors present in this room. On the left side of my bed are some stacked books. There are three bookshelves on the left wall, and on the top one is a stunning sculpture of an eagle taking flight. The other stuff is barely visible if you're looking while laying on the bed. On the front wall, you can see the back of the office chair fitting perfectly between the wooden boards of my desk. There are books of any kind, along with an open notebook and a quill. The quill is kind of old-fashioned, but I got it from my uncle and it adds some antique spirit to the room. Talking about antique, there are also some olive branches sprayed gold hanging on the wall from behind the desk, and a crown of golden olive leaves is laying on top of a treasure chest I got from Nate on my birthday. Behind these are some photographs of me with every member of the family. The last thing worth mentioning is the big wooden bow Ethan gave me for christmas, standing tall next to a bunch of long arrows with beautiful red feathers on each arrow's tail.

And then there's the bed.
And it's not empty.

I can't seem to remove the picture of Padfoot laying dead on it. I can't think of how much he meant to me because one single thought of this feels like torture to my mind. So I go back to picturing my home, maybe this will get me there faster.

I can imagine Nate in his room. Everything's always in place.
Nate's the kind of a calm lion, and this can be seen in his room. As soon as you cross the door, your lungs are filled with his compelling perfume; which we got used to a while ago here. When you look straight, there's a royal double bed, but what immediately catches your attention is that huge landscape showing a griffin ( a mythical creature that has the body of a lion, the head, wings and claws of an eagle ) taking flight in the sunset. The yellow light is always dim and the curtains are always shut, but you can't seem to get enough of this room. Nothing is hanging on the wall behind the desk except for some photographs; Ethan sitting on Nate's shoulder while decorating the christmas tree, Nate swimming with Diana, Nate and I partying in the car. Nate helping mom with the pancakes, and Nate repairing some stuff in the office with dad.

Every member has a family oriented corner. Because for us, family comes first.

But now, i'm taking no time to think of how worried my family must be. I'm probably gonna be grounded too. But i can't wait to come home.

Ethan and Diana's room is a little different. While Nate and mine are a little more antique, theirs is kind of modern; except for the Pegasus portrait above Ethan's bed and the Periton above Diana's ( the Periton is a deer with the white wings of a bird ). Other than that, their room is peaceful. It's all about a clear-sky blue and a heavenly white. There's an aquarium filled with water on the desk, but there are no fish. It just reminds of the fact their element is Water. Their photographs are quite different; there are 3 persons in each, instead of 2. I mean they're twins and they do everything together.

Mom and dad's room is more the kind of a black and white room with nothing more than what's enough. The rest of the house is old-fashioned.

I've never wished to be home as much as I do now. It seems like I'm stuck and I've been walking in circles for hours (which I'm sure I haven't). I'm hoping for a car now. I'm wishing that, against all odds, someone would appear out of nowhere and offer me a ride. Not necessarily Nate, nor any policeman. I just need to get home.

And then, just like I was wishing, I hear the roar of a car coming from behind. Its flashers blind me but soon the driver is on my side.

What shocks me isn't the guy with the leather jacket gripping the wheel, but the golden wavy hair of the younger guy sitting next to him.
-"Hey Daniel, care for a ride?"

I'm stunned. I'm also tempted to accept. I recognize the driver as Jasper's cousin, Connor, whom i know nothing about; but I feel like I might collapse any second now. The cousin gets out of the car and opens the back door for me. His smile is warm, his eyes are shiny, but he seems impatient. Maybe he just wants to drive me home, go back and be done with it. Or maybe I just shouldn't be fooled. Jasper is pressing a wet tissue to his cheek, and he's avoiding any eye contact with me.

I made my decision.
I throw myself on the back seat but keep my legs out of the car. The cousin is surprised. I look in Jasper's eyes, and with the firmest voice I was capable of making, I tell him,
" I don't need a ride. I just need to call Nate.
-So you want to use my phone?
-Guess it's better than me using your car."

He seems amused. He's playing his little game. But I came victorious out of a fight. And I'm even better at playing games.