Logan, II

At first I don't understand. I was half expecting I wouldn't survive the following few seconds, but it seems like I did. I open my eyes and realize Rhea was thrown at Connor, her tied hands around his throat, which surely made him miss his aim. That's another chance in five minutes, one I'm not gonna waste.

I run and sink my fist right in Connor's stomach, and kick him hard. He's punching back, but Rhea's keeping him unstable, so half his punches are thrown uselessly in the air. Then I take hold of his wrist and squeeze and twist hard, which ends up with a moment of victory when the gun falls to the ground. I kick it aside, to the back of the room.

I know what I'm doing.

Everything is happening so fast. Even now as I'm running to the dining table and taking hold of the sculpted vase, I can hear Rhea is still putting up a fight to stay on Connor's back, half strangling him, half stabilizing him. I run back and lift the vase high above my head. I need to do my best not to end up hitting Rhea; but I lock my eyes on our "foe"'s face, and hit hard.
I see him fall to the ground with a hard thump. Rhea's right above him. I lift her up from her waist, lay her on the couch and untie her. I'm trying to take it softly, but Jasper really tightened the ropes. She's tearing up, but I'm okay. I'm not hurt neither physically nor morally. And Daniel's gonna be thrilled.
"Did you have to knock him out?"
-"What would you have wanted me to do?"
-"There was a gun. You could have controlled him."
-"He shot Jasper, with this gun. His fingerprints' are on it. If I ended up holding it, you know what would happen next."

She remains silent.
-"Why did you come?"
-"I'm calling the cops."
I turn my back, take my phone and make the calls. In a few minutes, I can hear the roaring of police cars as they get closer. When the roaring stops, there's a few knocks on the door, so I go and open the door. They're here. It's over.

A couple of hours later -

We're asked to get out of the house, it's a restricted to public location now. Before we leave, we go to the bathroom, and Rhea cleans the blood off my face. I know what she's thinking. I know she believes it's a chance to get closer to me and that it's a romantic thing to do, that we might be linked in that same moment and that it's a bonding that we will have as a couple, but I honestly couldn't care less. My mind's wandering somewhere else.
I can admit that I've never let my emotions take the better of me. But now I'm in a world where fallen autumn leaves cover the ground, where a girl in a purple velvet dress is laying, arms open, leaves in and out of her tangled flame-tongues colored hair. And she's not alone.

-"Why did you come?"
-"Daniel couldn't come himself, so I did him a favor."
-"Wow."

This should come as a shock for her. And that's the thing about me. You might not understand, but I live on the surface. I'm not gonna dive into a hidden world of secrets and untold truths. I'm the most honest and straightforward person you might ever encounter. And I'm not really interested in the people who get hurt because of that.

-"I really thought you had come for me, after all."
-"I have. I have come to save you."
-"Yeah. For Daniel. I don't understand, how can you be that kind of a person but still care about him?"
-"That's the price you have to pay for being who I am."
-"What you are. For being 'what' you are."
-"Depends on the way you see things."
-"Then I'm blinded, Logan. I'm blinded by you. Why do you do the things you do?"
-"I do nothing specific. I just breathe. And that's what comes out of me."
-"You know what, forget it. Let's just head back home. I think I'll thank Daniel for having sent you here."
-"You should. I still have something to do."
-"Should I wait for you or am I invited to come?"
-"You're not going to like it."
-"Since when do you care?"
-"You're right. I don't."
I get out of the house, closely followed by Rhea. I come across an old man and ask him about where I wanted to end up: he gave me directions and I followed them. Now I'm there.