Chapter 13: The Game Changer

Chelsea's POV

Wow. That was just too much. Ceres told me that she's only acting out, and that's why she's being that way.

I really don't care about what she thinks of me. I just know that if I ignore her, she'll probably get the hint that I don't want to be besties with someone who is my enemy for life.

That came out dumb.

"You okay?" Tom asked me.
What a dumb question. Very cliché.

"No, but don't send me to the ER or anything like that."

"Okay."

He walked away, leaving me in this prison-like room. Alone. Just the way I liked it.

I touched my wound, and I immediately wished I could take that back. Raging pain shot from my shoulder, and the burn was bigger than I thought. I took my hand away and then I felt a cooling sensation in it.

Strange.

I put my hand on the ground and thought about the cooling spreading on the ground. Making it cold.

Cold. hard. Cooled. Icy.

My hand was now extremely cold. The skin was white. The floor around it was........

I looked closer. There was a thin covering of frost around my hand. I smiled.

I put my hand on the burn. I concentrated hard.

No pain. Freeze. Ice. Cold. Frost.

About a quarter of the burn was covered in ice. It made the pain numb.

I smiled. Now I had something to defend myself against Deimos with.

A/N: I'm sooooooooo terribly sorry for the late update. Well, I've been really busy with school and everything, so you probably understand what that feels like.

Lots of candy and cats,
Kitten