Chapter 14: Training

Chelsea's POV

I was pretty much equal with the rest now. After a week of hard, long, training I could finally do what they could do. I could conjure up a couple ice cubes in my water, make fake glass, and not use air conditioning.

This was pretty good. I liked it, but I still wasn't ready to battle Deimos.

Tom is still cute, but I've discovered that he can be annoying, too.

Only to the point that it's still cute, of course.

Ceres and Phobos work at the cupcake shop, as well as Tom.

Right now I am going to see him. I am going to try one more if their cupcakes. They're actually really good, and they create an innocent aura for me. Not that anyone knows who I am and that I still exist.

Don't think that I was stupid enough to escape jail without my backup. Yes, I have a clone. She was literally created at the same time that I was born and she doesn't know that she is a clone.

She's my twin.

She has everything, my looks, talents, powers. She was always there for me, always ready to help me, to look out for me.

Today I went to the cupcake shop after hiding in the girls bathroom, trying to make an icicle out of the water coming out from the sink.

"Hi, Cornelia!" I said. Ceres told me not to tell anyone hey real name.
"Hi Crystal! What will it be today?"
"The usual, peach cupcake with lemon frosting and candied violet on top."
"Okay. It'll be ready in a minute."
"Great."

I sat at a table and looked around the restaurant. I looked outside the window and onto the street.

A police car pulled up to the shop.

I prayed that they wouldn't come inside.

They opened the door. There were two officers. An overweight man with a little checkbook with names on it and a pen. A skinny, young, nervous woman accompanied him. She had oversized glasses that covered more than half of her face. Unlike Heavyweight, she was wearing a white lab coat and carrying a small device with a needle sticking out of in. She has more needles in her pocket.

"Yot testing," Heavyweight stated.
"You know the drill."

They moved along to the first person they saw. A girl, about twelve or thirteen, obediently held out her hand to Needles.

"What are they doing? What is that?"

"Yot testing," Phobos explained, "The Officials created Yo to test people for the plague. The needle had o drop of Yot on it. It goes deep into your body and touches your bone. If a yellow fit comes up on your skin after they take the needle out, you're clear."

"Doesn't that hurt? A lot?"

"Only the first time."

I watched as a girl, no more than eight, held out her hand and got tested. She was, luckily, blessed a,"Clear " from Heavyweight, and a check on the paper pad.

When it was my turn, I nervously held out my hand, trying to appear confident.

This is just a mosquito bite. You're not seven years old and afraid of shots.

The needle brought unbearable pain. Starting at the worst, then extending to the forearm. I surrendered to my knees. I tipped my head back and inhaled sharply.

"Clear."

I quickly glanced at the officers name tag. "Bradley"

Needles, whos name tag read "Nora", taped Bradley on the shoulder and pointed to something on her tester.

"I see. Oh, that. Well that is unexpected!"

Bradley turned to me.

"Remember me, Chelsea?"