Chapter 15: Sugar and Spice

I'm sorry for the late update. I really can't seem to keep up with this on top of everything that's happening for me. I'm sorry :(

This chapter is dedicated to @Katjade64  for the request on Chom moments.

Tom's POV

I kind of forgot that Chelsea could have been THE Chelsea. You know, the one who stole the Ruby Jade. It didn't seem like it.

Right now, I think I am wrong. The dude, Bradley, asked her if she remembered him from somewhere. Probably not. Maybe he was related to her or something. 

Nope.

She didn't seem too panicked about this, because she gave a response right away.

"No, I have never met you," she said, and then made a big show of trying to read his name tag.

"Officer.....Bradley."

"Okay then," he replied, "you have an interrogation appointment scheduled for one week from today."

"For what?"

"For looking suspicious."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelsea's POV

Well, that was a disaster.

I had just broken all three rules of not looking suspicious.

1. Don't tell them anything.

2. If they test you with the yot, tell them something like, "Oh what a horrible disease. It's a good thing that they invented a testing serum before it could spread any farther."

3. Act harmless and happy-ish, like a girl who's into shopping at the mall.

Well, yeah. That about sums it up. Disaster.

As soon as the cop went away, I marched up to the counter and ordered an upside-down pineapple space cone. It's basically an upside-down pineapple cupcake with a vanilla ice cream cone (also upside down) on top. While I was waiting for my order to come up, I noticed Tom in the kitchen. He's kind of cute, with that old penny-colored hair and those soft green eyes, and that permanent frosting smudge on his face.

What was I thinking a second ago?

That kind of thinking is never going to get me anywhere, and what's more, it's going to make me regress in my powers instead of progress.

"Your order."

I turned, "Huh?"

It's Tom, "You ordered an upside-down pineapple space cone. It's here." He pushed it towards me. I stared at him, still kind of zoned out.

"Okay then," he said cautiously and put it down on the counter. 

"Oh. Oh. That," I chuckled, "um.. thanks." I'm pretty sure that I was blushing.

As he turned away and walked back to the kitchen, I think that he was blushing, too.