Chapter 3

How did this happen? It didn't happen in my dream...L...died...maybe I...altered it? What do I do now? It's just a small gash. The siz of a quater maybe...Oh god, what do I do? Thoughts begin to rapidly fill my head  as I pace nervously around the room. Maybe I can...slow it, just alittle? I should ask L how long it usually takes. He cannot know though. No, I don't want him to...I need to find my family. Tears form at the brim of my eye out of panic, but I wipe them and head out of the room toward the bathroom. I look in the drawers for anitbotics and some bandage-wraps. Once I found the things I needed , I put the anitbotic cream on and wrapped the bandage around my right forearm. I also take some antibotic pills. The more the better I guess... After I finish with my arm, I head out to find L. He was still in the kitchen, but now he was preparing dinner. "Oh. Hey. Dinner is almmost ready, take a seat." he says to me, focused on dinner. I pull out a chair and sit down as he finishes. He puts some of the beans on two plates, hands me one then sits down. "So...do you think you could tell me more about the biters?" I ask shakily. He puts his spoon down, "Sure what do you want to know?" I lick my chapped lips, "H-how long do they have? Those who are bitten?" He looks at me cautiously. "Well, my...my fiance was bitten. She, she tried to prevent it; to fight it. She lasted almost two weeks* before the infection over-threw her whole system and I--....I had to kill her." L says as tears glaze over his dark eyes. I look at him confused for a moment. "But...the infection has only been world-wide for four days. How could she have been infected for two weeks?" He looks down at his beans before continuing, "She was the first infected. The doctors said for her to wait it out. They thought she had some kind of unique disease and did a few test, but they didn't really know anything. She was with me that day at the shopping center. That is when she turned. I killed her and the others bit and thats when you showed up..." he continues, trailing off. I swallow the lump in my throat. "Sorry for...bringing up bad memories. Thank you for telling me though." He nods and we continue to eat our meal in silence.

There we go! Tell me what you think Melody should do with her current situation! I would love to know what any of you think. Thanks :3