Chapter 6

Yes, I skipped a day on purpose :D It's mainly because I cut it out since I want the story to take off and get going. Nothing really important really would've happened so do not worry!

Day 4:

"Time to head out." L says to me from the kitchen. I look up and nod. We quickly eat lunch before we pack up our stuff. I try my best to hide my hurt as we walk out the door onto the road.

After exiting the neighborhood, we decide to head back into the city. Leave a few notes or signs so hopefully, my family could find us. My vision starts to haze, but I shake my head and it goes back to normal. I can fight this. I have too...for Matt and mom. They are my heart and soul. They are why I am fighting this, if they weren't here; I would have ended this pain and suffering. They are why I am still going...."Melody?" L says interrupting my thoughts. "Are you okay? You seem...off." he says with concern, and takes a hand up to wipre tears from my face. I didn't even knoaw I was crying..."Sorry...it's just that I am worried and..."  My voice breaks into a sob. I rest my head on L's shoulder and sob into the crook of his neck. He pats my back as I sob all my pain out. "It's going to be alright. We'll rest in that building there then continue in the morning. Everything will be alright." he says comfortingly. He leads me to a nearby building, an old shop it seems, and sit me in a chair so he can set up for the night. "It's going to be okay." I whisper to myself. Oh, I hope so...

So if you couldn't tell, that little episode she had was a side-affect. She is kind of dillusional at the moment. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, thanks!