Chapter 4

*Some chapters from here on out will be on how Melody is doing with the infection, along with other events but some will just be about her reactions to being infected*

Day 1:

I feel fine. Yeah, I'm fine. I have a good week and a half, maybe even two if I'm lucky. Right now, all that matters is that my family is safe. L is helping me look, he is out looking for supplies right now... I should put up more boards on the windows. I head over to the door, open it, and grab some planks from the porch. Taking the hammer and nails, I begin to board up the windows. My vision starts to get hazy. I shake my head, but that makes it worse. Grabbing the wall for support, I put the boards down and try to wait it out. The room slants and spins around me. My legs go limp and I fall to the floor, gasping for air that I already had. I start shaking before I feel my eyes roll back into my head and pass out.

Dizzy, spinning, hazy. The room is still spinning when I wake. A rush of nausea hits me and I rush towards the restroom. The contents of my stomach spill out into the toliet. One it is all out, I shakily head towards the sink. I rinse out my mouth and splash my burning face with the cool water. Turning the faucet off, I let the water drip off my face as I look in the mirror. Pale, pasty skin. My one emerald green eyes are now overpowered by a blazing yellow. I shake my head, my eyes are green once more and panic shakes me down to the bone.

Ouuuhh, side-affects. Any ideas on what some other side-affects may be? Let me know what you think about the story so far, thanks!