Akihabara Kingdom

Evangeline Mech:

A few days went by in a flash. Jin's grandfather still doesn't know we're rebelling. There was something wrong with him. He's been completely unresponsive lately.

I sighed as I looked out of the train window. Jin just had the idea of going to Akihabara to see Yamano Ban... Who was looking for Otacross.

How did I know? My tablet wasn't only programed to analyze battle data, it can also be used to hack the Infinity Net. And with my 'brain-chip', that's not hard to do.

When we got off the train, i got hold of Jin's jacket upon instinct. I hate crowded places, unless if it's a tournament of course.

We walked around and found Yamano Ban by the river bank. I sat down below one of the trees near by while they have their own chat.

I leaned against the tree and sighed. Kaidou Yoshimitsu... Innovator... Kamiya Craft... Haibara Yuuya... What connection do these four things have?

I sighed again and took out my tablet. I decided to look through the Infinity Net for some clues. I could hardly find anything...

"Evangeline, we're going!" Jin called. He was on the hill with Ban.

"Coming!" I scrambled to my feet and caught up with them. I grab hold of Jin's jacket again and we kept walking.

I can see Ban eyeing us strangely but the fact that he didn't say anything was respect enough for me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To Otacross' lair." Ban replied.

I sweat-dropped. When you say it like that, it makes him sound like an evil scientist...

When we got to the top floor of some building, I covered my head with my jacket's hood. I have a hard time trusting people. And some of these guys gave cold stares while others (*cough* Otacross *cough*)... Are just plain weird.

When he landed his eyes on me, he went all willy-nilly. "A pretty girl!" He went closer. "And who might you be pretty lady?"

"E-Evangeline... Mech..." I said hesitantly. I still haven't let go of Jin's jacket. He didn't seem to mind though.

"Eva-tan!" He called me.

"E-Eva-tan?" I said surprised. Why the hell is he calling me that?!

"Can I make a model out of you?" He asked me. "Along with Ami-tan as well!"

"No way." I said firmly. He's gonna be an irritating one.

"Why is Kaidou Jin here?" Kazuya asked.

"I invited him and Evangeline." Ban said.

"You're not planning something sneaky, are you?" Kazuya asked, still not trusting us. My grip tighetned but he didn't stop me.

"He's not. We can trust him." Ban said. Everyone's paying attention to Jin... Without him, it's like I don't even exist...

"So you say..." Kazuya muttered.

"Come on," Ami said. "What're you muttering about?" She turned to face us. "Let's put it behind us. I'm glad you're here." Jin just nodded but my grip stayed firm.

"I don't approve, but if Ban's okay with it..." Gouda said.

Sendou shrugged. "I don't care either way. I only trust myself in the end."

"Hey you." Otacross suddenly said.

"Me?" Kazuya asked.

"Yeah. You've got a guest." Otacross replied. He pointed to the door, just as a man walked in.