Chapter 19

Luke's pov

I'm slightly nervous when Sam asks to have a word with me. I know he's like Alaskas older brother. That slightly terrifies me.

"Okay so you went on a date with Alaska last night." He says and I nod. "The lucky thing about you is you don't look like someone who is going to use her, hurt her, then leave her. You also don't look like someone who is going to cause trouble." He says and pauses for a moment looking at me. "Unfortunately I will never know if you fuck up or not." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I have cancer and very minimal time to live" he says and my jaw drops. "Alaska doesn't know yet." He finishes.

"How long have you known?" I ask.

"2 years."

"You have been keeping that form her for 2 years?!"

"Yes. But I'm telling her later tonight."

"Why tonight?"

"I don't know if I will wake up in the morning."

"Oh..."

"So why do you like her?" He asks eyeing me slightly.

"She's different and not in the sense that her parents are famous but she just isn't one of those preppy girls who think it's fun to hurt people. She stands up for her friends and doesn't take shit from anyone. She cares about people she hasn't even met before and if she sees them being bullied she sticks up for them like she's known them forever. She doesn't bask in her parents fame but rather tries to make herself known for her own accomplishment and works hard to get where she wants to be." I say smiling a bit.

"Shit man your whipped already? Wow" he says chuckling. "How long and how far do you think your relationship will go?"

"I donno. All I know is that I won't hurt her. She's to good for me and I'm holding on to her as long as I can."

"Okay good." He says and goes back to Alaska room. I take a moment and then walk back as well.

When I get in the room I see Alaska and Jade laughing about something. Alaska looks absolutely beautiful. Her blue eyes full of happiness and joy. Her hair falling on her face. The way her laugh sounded was intoxicating. It was like angels singing, giving my ears the pleasure of hearing their voices.

I go and sit next to Alaska and she was trying to stop laughing. After a minute or so she succeeded.

"I don't think I have laughed that hard since the O'Brians 'Christmas' party." She says running a hand through her hair.

"That was a fun party well before the pap showed up." Jade says.

"Yeah..." Alaska says and sighs.

--
Alaskas pov

I don't know what they were talking about but when they came back something was off. I couldn't pin point it but it couldn't be good.

"I'll be back" I say and get up leaving my room and walking to my mini kitchen.

I sigh leaning my head against the wall and start to think.