Chapter 20

Sams pov

Alaska walked out of the room with the same look she got when her parents were telling her that her very loved dog Kip had died when she was out for a dance competition. The mix of confusion, sadness and fear. Obviously she knows something is up.

"I need to tell her now" I say.

"Don't you dare!" Jade says quietly.

"Jade we have kept this from her for to long...it needs to be done and you know it. She's in good hands her."

"You're going to break her..."

"Would you rather she find out with me in a grave?"

"No..."

"Exactly" I say and get up. "Luke get up. Someone is going to need to catch her...."

Luke frowns a bit and gets up.

"I don't like this" Luke says softly before walking out of the room behind me.

I walk over to Alaska and sigh softly. Her head was against the wall like she was trying to figure something out or she had a headache. Probably the first one.

"Laksa... I need to talk to you." I say softly and put my hand on her shoulder and turns toward me.

"Okay. What's up?" She asks.

"So do you remember 2 years ago when I got really sick but told you it was nothing?" I ask and she nods a bit looking confused. Luke slowly walks around so he's next to her. "So it was a little more then nothing. I...uh I was diagnosed with cancer and it's only been taking up more of my body." I say and her face drops. I can actually see her body trembling. "The treatments haven't been working and the doctors don't think I have a lot of time left...maybe 2...2 and a half weeks." I finish.

I see tears falling down her faces as she crumbles to the floor, Luke catching her and helping her to the floor slowly and gently. She curls up and Luke wraps his arms around her, holding her close as she cries.

I don't think I've ever seen her so upset.

I hear the bedroom door creak open and everyone is looking out  at Alaska and Luke. Jade, Blake, and Andy walk over to me.

"Come on Sam lets go to our rooms. She needs a little time..." Andy says softly to me and all of us walk to the rooms that Alaska had shown us when we first got here.

Luke's pov

Man this hurt. Seeing her like this. Even though we only have gone out once and are barely official, this hurt like a motherfucker.

Alaska face was buried in my chest and she had a hand gripping onto my shirt and the other one holding her shirt right over her heart. Her sobs were barely audible to anyone but me. Only because she was buried in my chest.

Calum was talking to everyone else quietly then looked over at us. "We are going to go." He says and a I give a slight nod.

I hold Alaska body close to mine. I softly and slowly stroke her hair. Occasionally I will whisper to her "I will be okay."

She cried for what felt like hours but was probably only 30 minutes. Her sobs slowly stopped and her breathing calmed. I kissed the top of her head softly as to not disturb her. I knew she had cried herself to sleep.

I look up and see Sam watching us. He walks over to us. He gently strokes Alaskas hair.

"I'm sorry Laska" he says softly. "Do you need help getting her to her to her room?" He asks me.

"Yes please" I say softly.

He picks her up and I stand up then he hands her to me then walks away. I walk to her room and go inside and gently lay her down and tuck her into her blankets. I kiss her tear stained cheek.

As I start to walk away to leave she softly whispers "Stay with me...?"

I smile softly to my self and walk over to her bed and lay down next to her and she immediately cuddles up to me. I hold her close to me and kiss her head softly.