Prologue

Prologue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I could kill you right now you know?" my boyfriend whispered in my ear.

The tears welled up in my eyes as I thought of my two year old son.

"Please," I begged, "Think of Brody. He's so little." I could hear his cries from the other side of the door.

I hoped, prayed that one of our neighbours had heard the commotion and called the police.

A tear escaped my eye and mixed in with the blood flowing from my forehead. The more blood I lost the sicker I felt. Still hoping, still praying. I was beginning to lose all hope of escaping this alive when I heard one phrase from the front door that gave me all the hope I needed.

"Police! Open the door!" when the door wasn't opened, they kicked it in. I heard people swarming into the living room giving me a slight burst of courage.

"Help me! I'm right here! Help-" I was cut off by my boyfriend hitting me over the head, sending me to the ground. But his efforts weren't enough. They already knew where we were.

As the officers filed into the room I was pulled onto my knees being held in a headlock. I felt something cold press against my temple and my stomach dropped.

A gun. He had a gun.

The head officer took a small, careful step forward, lowering his weapon.

"Son, put down the gun please. Nobody has to get hurt," the officer negotiated. But he just held me all the tighter making it harder to breath. I could feel him press the gun harder to my head, but at this point I couldn't distinguish a word being said. I closed my eyes and waited for the end to come. But as I felt his finger tighten on the trigger the pressure on my trachea was suddenly gone.

I gasped for breath and fell to the floor.

I had made it. I was alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

So if you're reading this, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Please vote! Thanks!