Chapter 9-Stay With Me?

Chapter 9

(Louis' POV)

I tossed and turned in bed trying to remove the images of Ally's memories out of my head. I felt Harry's arm snake around my waist and pull me closer.

"Stop it. You're keeping me awake," he groaned. His voice deep from sleep. He looked at me through his lashes. "What are you thinking about boo?"

I sighed, "I just can't get those images out of my head...a gun pressed to her head..I just...no wonder she's so scared for her son."

"Yeah, that guy must be a monster...a monster...oh my god! Lou! I know why we smelt dog at her house..." He hopped up from the bed throwing clothes on as he went.

"Harry! What are you doing?"

"I'm going to investigate."

(Niall's POV)

I could hear whimpering coming from Ally's room. She must be having a nightmare. I got up from my bed and quietly made my way over to her room.

I opened her door to see her covers off of her and on the floor. She was shivering.

I grabbed the blanket off the floor and put it over her, which woke her.

"Niall?" She asked tiredly.

"Yeah love, it's me."

"Stay with me, I keep having nightmares," she sounded like a frightened child.

I crawled into the other side of the bed and beckoned for her to cuddle in.

We both heard rustling and voices coming from down the hall.

"What's that?" She asked me.

"It's just Harry and Louis. They like to stay up late and talk sometimes."

"Do you mean..." She trailed off.

"No I do literally mean talk," I chuckled.

I heard their door open and the two boys voices travel down the hall towards the stairs.

"-did I not see this before?" I heard Harry mumble.

"I guess none of us were really anticipating her ex to be one of...them..." Wait what.

"I'll be right back love." I said quietly getting out of the bed. I opened the door just as they were passing. "What do you mean 'one of them'?"

Harry looked at me weird.

"More importantly, why did you just come out of the guest room? Where Ally's staying."

Oh shit...this looked bad...

"She was having nightmares, I went in to check on her and she asked me to stay. So I did."

Harry nodded. "Ok sure."

"What?! It's true!" I whisper/shouted.

"And we never said we didn't believe you mate," Louis replied.

"Harry kind of implied it. Anyways what are you two doing?"

"Well I think I may have figured something out."

"Oh really, and what's that?" I asked.

"Damon's a werewolf."

I looked at Harry wide eyed. "You're kidding...please tell me you're kidding."

"I wish I was. But thinking back on everything, smelling a dog when she doesn't have a dog, Damon's almost snap into violence...he was bitten...it just makes so much sense." Harry explained.

"Are you going to Ally's?" I asked, changing the subject, they nodded. "Alright, be careful though. He could easily have members of his pack monitoring the area."

Louis touched my shoulder. "Don't worry mate. We know what we're doing." He dropped his hand and half smiled, winding his red Burberry scarf around his neck.

I turned away from them letting them slip past me and down the stairs. Ally was laying on her side, eyes half open when I walked back into the room.

"What was that all about?" She inquired.

"The two of them were just going out for a midnight stroll," I lied through my teeth.

"Really? But it sounded like you were arguing..."

"You look exhausted. You should really sleep," I said turning to leave again. I had a way of being...persuasive...

"Wait," I turned back to look at her. "You promised you'd stay."

I smiled and crawled back into the bed. She curled her fragile body into my chest. I sucked in a breath.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's nothing...well I just...nobody's done that in a while. My little sister used to all the time but uh...she passed away."

"I'm sorry," she said pulling away. I touched her shoulder lightly.

"No, it's nice."

She smiled and returned to the way she was before. Soon her breaths became softer with sleep and soon after I joined her.