Chapter 1

"That lesson was so dumb. There is no such thing as vampires," I scoffed, putting my papers away after our lesson.

"I don't know Erin. There might've been some," Sammy said, worry in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "Sammy, you are so gullible."

"Well there was even evidence of them in the city."

"Yeah but that was over 400 years ago. Maybe they're hiding now," I joked. London has had this myth for over 600 years that there were vampires living here and they use to haunt the city until the humans killed them all off. The last sight of them was 400 years ago. It is said that they have become more hidden but I think all of it is a bunch of bull. There is no such thing as blood sucking demons who run at an amazing speed and have some special power. That's impossible.

It is also said that if you go into a certain part in the woods, you will find the vampires and they will kill you. It's another stupid myth.

"So what're you doing tonight," Sam asked, looking at her nails, waiting for me to pack.

"Well since it's Halloween, we should do something fun. Like go to a cemetery," I suggested, shoving my books in my bag to go back to the dorm.

"We did that last year."

"Well," I thought for a moment. Trick or treating is not an option since I'm 20 and not a child. A lot of people would even think I'm a mom. "How about the woods?" I smirked.

"No. We are not going by there."

"I bet you would go if I asked Adam and he said yes."

"If he says yes then I will go."

"Alright." I walked out of the classroom and found leaning against the wall, texting on his phone. "Adam, hey."

He looked up to me when I came up to him. "Hey Erin." He had to be the most attractive guy in school but Sam called him before I could. Damn you Samantha for being my best friend.

"You wanna go to the woods tonight?"

"Me and some guys from the team are already going."

"Oh well can me and Sammy join?" His eyes lit up when he heard Sammy.

"Yeah of course," he smiled.

"Alright, we'll be there."

*******

I parked my car on the side of the road and got out, following the area with the lights. There were already about 30 people here on the edge of the woods. Most of them were football players.

"I can't believe I get to hang out with Adam," Sammy squealed next to me.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her. She's been doing this since we left school.

When we got closer, the group all saw us and cheered, raising their beers.

"Hey guys," Sammy smiled. She was enjoying this attention.

"Grab a beer and sit down," Adam said, going up to Sam and handing her a beer. Chase, the boy that everyone thinks I'm dating but really, we are just friends, tried to hand me one but I refused. I never had alcohol and I don't have any desire too. My dad would also have my ass on a stick if he caught me with alcohol in my system.