Chapter 5

It's been days since I helped Harry and he hasn't come back. It was weird how minutes he's here watching me and the next, he's gone for a week. I didn't get him.

I decided not to tell Sammy what happened. If she knew what Liam told me, she would try to convince me that they were in fact "vampires". I still couldn't believe he was trying to put that into my head. Harry was just a crazy gang member that wants me as one of his "girls" so he could do whatever he wants to me. I wasn't scared of him but I was scared of the idea of becoming enslaved in his other world. I didn't want to have my life destroyed because I decided to go into the woods where animals and plants should be, not people.

"Erin, me and Adam," I gave Sammy a deadly look, "Sorry, Adam and I are going out for a bite. You want anything?"

"Um no thanks. I think I'm gonna go to my parents apartment in the city," I shut my book that I was just studying from.

"Alright. Are you going to drive?"

"Probably. It's only half an hour."

"Okay well I'll see you when you get back," she waved then shut the door.

I slipped on my shoes and put on my jacket. It hasn't been too bad outside yet, considering it was November, but it's been cold.

I locked the door to our dorm and walked to the elevator, going down, out of the building, and to my car. I looked around seeing the usual crowd and not Harry or his whatever you call them.

I sighed and smiled, getting in and shutting my door. Right as I was about to turn on my car, something tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around, about to scream before Harry covered my mouth.

"What the fuck are you doing in my car," I freaked. This weirdo should be nowhere near me, let alone in my car.

"Decided I could hitch a ride to the city," he shrugged, pulling out a cigarette.

"You are not smoking that piece of shit in my car. Out! Now!" I screamed.

"Fine I won't smoke in your piece of shit car," he mocked me. I narrowed my eyes at him and he got out of the car, opening the door to the passenger seat and getting in.

"I told you to get out," I threw up my hands.

"And I did," he threw up his hands too. He thought this was a joke.

"I just want to go see my family. Is that too much to fucking ask for?"

"Yikes! Someone is being a little bitchy today." He laughed.

"This isn't a joke. You can't just show up when you want to and harass me whenever you want to. I have a life to get on with and I don't want you in it so please get out of my car and stay away from me," I begged.

"I'm not harassing you. I'm protecting you."

"How?" I scoffed.

"I wasn't the only one who saw you in those woods that night. The other tribe was trying to spy on us but saw you instead and they want you. That's why I have been by you all this time."

"What do they want from me?"

"Your blood," he said, straight-faced. I gulped. They wanted to kill me. For what?

"Why do they want my blood," I mumbled.

"Erin, your blood is pure. It's sweet and has a power. They want to gain more power and for some reason, you were chosen, out of all the other people in the world, to have the special blood. We've all been looking for you for awhile now. All they want to do is suck you dry but my tribe, we want to keep you alive for as long as your body decides to stay. We don't want you harmed in anyway."