Chapter 6

I woke up to screaming. I looked out in the hallway and found people running to the staircase. What was it, four in the morning?

I followed everyone to the mass of people from different floors to the staircase and shoved my way through, looking right at what everybody was freaking out over.

Prank week must have started because there was a huge snake on our staircase. It was massive. I hated snakes so much. I shivered at the thought of getting close to it.

Everyone started back for their dorm as it wasn't as excited as all the screaming produced. I was expecting another victim, dead on the floor with my name written in their blood on the wall. I've honestly never been more terrified than I am right now but I know Harry and his gang have my back. Let's just hope he gets off of this vampire phenomenon soon.

I went back into my dorm, not realizing that Sammy was sleeping in there. I didn't even hear her come in.

"Sammy," I shook her. "Sammy."

"What?" She whined. She was like this every time.

"What the hell happened tonight?"

"With the party?" She looked at me with a questioning look.

"No, the girl that was murdered and my name written on the wall in her blood."

"The police are investigating it now. They will probably question you, and all of the Erin's at this school, about it since your name is on there," she explained.

"So she's really dead?"

"Yes. Most of the blood from her body was just gone," she laid her head back down. My eyes started to water and I backed up into my bed.

"They're really coming for me," I cried.

"Who?"

"The other gang Harry is fighting against. They want to kill me and Harry explained it to me but I don't know and I'm really scared right now," I breathed and ran my hands across my face. 

"You've been talking to him again," she asked, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah. Turns out he's just protecting me," I rubbed my arm and looked down. I just felt so insecure all of a sudden and I didn't know why.

"From the other gang?"

"Yeah. Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Sounds like he fancies you," she winked. I shook my head.

"Now is not the time for cracking jokes," I spit. People are dying because of me and she has the decency to make jokes.

"Hey I'm just trying to lighten the mood."

"It doesn't help," I snapped.

"Well I'll be asleep when you're done being a bitch," she turned back over to face the wall.

I scoffed and went over the window to see Louis outside but no Harry. They really were taking this seriously.

I looked over to my right to see flashes of lights. It was probably the cops to get the snake out of our stairwell. Thank god. I hated snakes.

I crawled back into my bed and closed my eyes, counting sheep as the minutes ticked by. I had to get my mind off of reality for awhile. I didn't know that stepping into woods would make my life hell. I had a lot coming for me soon.