CHAPTER XIII - Dreams and Secrets

(a/n: Guys, naka private po yung Chapter 12, and kung gusto niyong mabasa, you need to be a fan. and makikita niyo yung link. Thank you po. And, please feel free to leave a comment and vote. :) )

CHAPTER XIII

I opened my hand and saw a red crane origami resting on my palm. I now sat on one of the vintage benches in the park I used to visit when I was 6. I looked around and saw the old couple resting on a nearby bench like they always do, a man jogging his way around with his dog, a group of teens playing Frisbee and a child, maybe a 6 or 7 year old, carrying colored papers.

The child caught my attention and I can’t help myself but stare at him. He’s got an innocent face and his face is just so angelic. He sat on the bench opposite to where I am and he started to fold a paper. After a few more folds, he now hold in his hand, a red crane origami…just like the on I’m holding right now. I creased my brows and opened my hand again to see the origami, but then it’s gone. I looked back at him, and he’s smiling at me.

I should’ve find it odd that he’s holding in his possession what should be mine, but instead, I feel…calm. And hopeful..and peaceful. I smiled back at him.  We held each other’s gaze for more than a second and I can feel something that soothes me. It’s like a warm hug on a cold weather, or an ice cream on a hot day, a pat on the back or a call from someone you love.

No. It’s more than that. It’s like all of those things combined.

The feeling’s overwhelming me and I can’t help but close my eyes and feel as it envelopes my very being. After a while, a tried to open my eyes, but when I did, everything’s gone.

 I blinked hard and everything is turning into white. Too white it’s almost blinding and the intensity is hurting my eyes, I tried to open my eyes again, but it just hurts so much. And then, silence fell upon me.

I abruptly opened my eyes and gasped. My eyes hurt because the sun’s hurting my eyes. I was just dreaming. I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes for a moment. That was a weird dream. I dreamt of that child again. The one I met 12 years ago. My first love. Why do I keep on dreaming of him. He left.  He said he’d be back but then he didn’t.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself lying on one of the hospital beds. Umaga na pala. Napatingin ako sa sarili ko, tapos nakita ko na may something sa left arm at sa paa ko. Yung nilalagay nila pag na sprain.Hindi ko alam tawag dun e. But I don't remember them putting those things.

I blacked out?!

Napakunot yung noo ko, then I glanced sideways and saw a person sleeping beside me. He's sitting with his head bowed down on the side of my bed. I can't really tell who he is. Wait.. Ryan?

Ryan? He's really here! Just like the old times...Just like that one time when I was also hospitalized... Sabi na nga ba e. Sabi na nga ba babalik ulit siya.

 I smiled and breathed deeply. Andito siya. Ewan ko pero naffeel ko na nagfflutter yung puso ko. Damn. Ang corny but forgive me. I think my brain's also damaged...I tried to reach his head with my free hand but when I am about to to touch his hair..nagising siya and then he looked at me.

"Theo?" I asked him and I can't hide the disappointment and shock in my voice. Oh yeah. Hindi pa rin ako sanay na may kasama akong iba sa bahay.

"Hey. Kanina ka pang gising?" Tanong niya sakin na mukhang nag aaalala.

"Ah--Hindi. Kakagising ko lang...Ano nangyare? Bat ako nakatulog?"

"Kasi..Nag black out ka e. Sabi nung doctor normal lang daw yun. Siguro daw dahil sa pagod mo, tapos sa sobrang sakit. Sabi niya kelangan mo lang daw ng pahinga." Sabi niya sakin.